Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong)

Postby Adri » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:21 am

This topic is still very informative, thank you. :) Hope you'll ever get round to expanding it.

I am not interested in the PvP side of the game, yet it is good to know how to protect myself against it. Reading why I needed to extend my claim beyond the walls was an eye-opening experience.
Adri

Postby mulamishne » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:42 am

Ran into a number 4 in the wild yesterday, kinda crazy people still don't get it.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Biglulu » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:57 am

Is it still necessary to claim tiles beyond your palisade? With the wrecking ball now being unusable on active claims and the fact that destruction no long cascades from unclaimed to claimed tiles, is all the cheese fixed or is it still cheeseable?
Biglulu

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:24 pm

Biglulu wrote:Is it still necessary to claim tiles beyond your palisade? With the wrecking ball now being unusable on active claims and the fact that destruction no long cascades from unclaimed to claimed tiles, is all the cheese fixed or is it still cheeseable?

Afaik it's not abusable anymore, as in you won't get sieged because of it. But it's a good measure to claim at least a few tiles outside your pali (People can't go up to your walls without scents, people can't build shit in front of your gates with alts to block them, etc.)
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Arbys » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:22 pm

Biglulu wrote:Is it still necessary to claim tiles beyond your palisade? With the wrecking ball now being unusable on active claims and the fact that destruction no long cascades from unclaimed to claimed tiles, is all the cheese fixed or is it still cheeseable?

Yes, you do. Just do it.
Arbys

Postby vatas » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:26 am

hiddenfun wrote:
I know that article. It's about defending your claim, not your life. There are lot's of things not mentioned there like never link a wagon to a wagon station inside of your base (Teleporting there with a wagon don't give you visitor debuff) A lot learned the hard way... Like switching work belts with tools to a travelling belt. And other stuff.

If you like the game as it is - thats good, but I think world 15 will be full of PVP activity due to changelist. PvP is okay for some looting areas with resources, but everywhere PVP is annoying. Let farmers farm, not fight. If I want to fight - I will.

EDIT 2023-10-27: someone else said that you do get visitor when you TP into a Wagon Station. Test/use at your own discretion.
Last edited by vatas on Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Miss_Min » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:38 pm

Last night I was 95% of the way through building a palisade when three strangers showed up. I ran the fuck away. Today it seems that they piggybacked a new palisade off mine without permissions, which I thought was no longer possible. Any thoughts?

The claim extended 1 square beyond my palisade. The piggybacked palisade is two squares, ie one gateway, outside mine. My cornerposts were not sealed because I hadn't finished the build yet. Can you maybe install a new gate without permissions if you're standing outside the claim when you do it?

While this is obviously a skill issue in general, I had not accidentally given permissions to randoms or anything. There are numerous vandal scents present. (It's at about 35,18, again part of the skill issue, I hadn't properly surveyed the area which turns out to have a really high density of natural resources in it).
Miss_Min

Postby Plane_Tree » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:26 pm

Miss_Min wrote:Last night I was 95% of the way through building a palisade when three strangers showed up. I ran the fuck away. Today it seems that they piggybacked a new palisade off mine without permissions, which I thought was no longer possible. Any thoughts?

The claim extended 1 square beyond my palisade. The piggybacked palisade is two squares, ie one gateway, outside mine. My cornerposts were not sealed because I hadn't finished the build yet. Can you maybe install a new gate without permissions if you're standing outside the claim when you do it?

While this is obviously a skill issue in general, I had not accidentally given permissions to randoms or anything. There are numerous vandal scents present. (It's at about 35,18, again part of the skill issue, I hadn't properly surveyed the area which turns out to have a really high density of natural resources in it).

Did you just give away your coords in a thread about not giving away your coords
Plane_Tree

Postby vatas » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:07 am

Miss_Min wrote:Last night I was 95% of the way through building a palisade when three strangers showed up. I ran the fuck away. Today it seems that they piggybacked a new palisade off mine without permissions, which I thought was no longer possible. Any thoughts?

Sounds like they may have been able to use "Prepare for Gate" and place a construction sign for a new cornerpost in the unclaimed area.

If this is true, it's either a bug or poorly thought out change. Would require claims extend 4 tiles away from the outermost pali to prevent getting walled in.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby petroben » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:17 am

This is a comprehensive list of safety and security measures for players in the hypothetical world of Haven & Hearth. It's clear that maintaining a safe claim is of utmost importance to ensure your belongings and life are protected. The emphasis on having a proper wall, claim, and visitor gates is crucial to safeguard against potential threats.

It's important advice, especially for newcomers, and underlines the need to be cautious in a player-driven environment. The list touches upon various aspects of securing your territory, interacting with neighbors, and avoiding unnecessary risks. Following these guidelines should help players enjoy a more secure and enjoyable experience in the game.
Sheila
Looking forward to more advanced security tips in the future! Stay safe in Haven & Hearth.
Last edited by petroben on Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
petroben
petroben

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?