Help with downloading

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Help with downloading

Postby KalasTheSheep » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:52 am

Thanks loftar! I appreciate how thorough you guys are in your knowledge and assistance to a newb. I played this years ago but never got that far, and I happened to remember I wanted to try it again. I can't seem to get it to work, even with redownloading java, using java and javaw as the program to open the files with, and different browsers don't seem to affect or impact results. I might have to come back to this later, get a different computer, or something.
KalasTheSheep

Re: Help with downloading

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:03 am

There have been problems where a person needs to clean up old Java installations first before reinstalling. Try running the Java Uninstall tool--https://java.com/en/download/uninstalltool.jsp, and reboot afterwards. Then try reinstalling again. No promises it will work, but sometimes that does the trick. Scripts don't run correctly for a variety of reasons, and the only option is a clean reinstall.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to How do I?