Truffle finding?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Truffle finding?

Postby Satyrnx » Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:09 am

Hello,

How does truffle finding works? Do you have to move around, with leashed pig, or you can stand still, to get them?
And does any forest terrain includes Wald?
Satyrnx

Re: Truffle finding?

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:14 am

Walk around with a leashed pig. Truffles can only spawn in the forest biome, so be mindful of that fact when looking. The pig must have a "Truffle snout" on it to even be able to find truffles. For finding white truffles, "Truffle snout" must be of a minimum of 36 I believe.
When the pig senses truffles, it will start sprinting towards the position and stop on top of with with truffles spawning under the pig.
Ideally, try to add a sound and highlight truffles after pig finds them, so you do not miss out on those. Big red exclamation marker + annoying as fuck sound will make you never miss a truffle.
Anyway, you should be mapping out truffle quality while you are grinding them, just so you know how big it is, where is the pig, where is the dropoff in quality etc.
Happy hunting.
ZoddAlmighty

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:51 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:Happy hunting.

Finding truffles is one of the most retarded mechanics in this game. How can you wish to someone "Happy hunting"..

Just imagine, you are playing the game and your friend asks you: "What are you doing"?
- I am walking a pig

ridiculous xD
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby ZoddAlmighty » Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:39 am

noindyfikator wrote:

Finding truffles is one of the most retarded mechanics in this game. How can you wish to someone "Happy hunting"..

Just imagine, you are playing the game and your friend asks you: "What are you doing"?
- I am walking a pig

ridiculous xD

xD Go spread your retard germs on another post if you cannot add anything constructive to the original question. Also, the question was "How" and not "Is it good".
ZoddAlmighty

Postby noindyfikator » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:16 am

ZoddAlmighty wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:

- I am walking a pig

ridiculous xD

xD Go spread your retard germs on another post if you cannot add anything constructive to the original question. Also, the question was "How" and not "Is it good".

Are you retarded? My post was response to his questions as well, in a nutshell you walk a pig. How stupid u are?
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby fallout » Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:31 am

Walking the pig used to be terrible. However since the pathing updates ive have no difficulty in it, so im confused why its still considered a chore.
fallout

Postby AlexNT » Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:56 pm

ZoddAlmighty wrote: Big red exclamation marker + annoying as fuck sound will make you never miss a truffle.

How do you do that? What client?
AlexNT

Postby MadNomad » Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:32 pm

noindyfikator wrote:Just imagine, you are playing the game and your friend asks you: "What are you doing"?
- I am walking a pig

ridiculous xD

couldn't a pig be someone's pet?
MadNomad

Postby vatas » Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:51 pm

MadNomad wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Just imagine, you are playing the game and your friend asks you: "What are you doing"?
- I am walking a pig

ridiculous xD

couldn't a pig be someone's pet?

Getting off-topic but there are multiple cases of pet pigs saving lives, like you'd expect from dogs.

Also, here's a video of actual pig finding actual truffles.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Grobble » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:37 am

noindyfikator wrote:

- I am walking a pig
ridiculous xD

That's Haven, though...
"What are you doing?" "Putting pelts in gross water and waiting for it to become leather."
"What are you doing?" "Punching a cow so I can domesticate it."
"What are you doing?" "Picking flowers so bugs dont kill me."
Grobble

Return to How do I?