Locked my Snekkja, but no key?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Locked my Snekkja, but no key?

Postby WtfJasmineee » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:25 pm

As the subject line states, I locked my brand new Snekkja with a wooden lock I've made but I didn't receive a key. Trying to do anything with just tells me that I lack the key.. After days of hard work trying to get all the materials in order, and such happens. I've tried to place a new lock incase, but no luck..

Wondering is there any way around this? Besides having to make brand new one?.. :cry:
WtfJasmineee

Re: Locked my Snekkja, but no key?

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:26 pm

Did you use a master key on that lock? Cause when you do that, you tune that lock to that master key, so you don't get another one when you use it.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby WtfJasmineee » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:28 pm

Nightdawg wrote:Did you use a master key on that lock? Cause when you do that, you tune that lock to that master key, so you don't get another one when you use it.

No.. I just made the lock and attached it.. I didnt get a key when making it, or when attaching it.. I even made a new lock, and didnt recieve a key when making. I played a long time ago, but I assumed I recieved the key when attaching it?
WtfJasmineee

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 pm

WtfJasmineee wrote:I assumed I recieved the key when attaching it?

Yeah that's how it's supposed to be, you get a key the moment you attach the lock. This seems to be a bug.
Nightdawg

Postby WtfJasmineee » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:34 pm

Nightdawg wrote:
Yeah that's how it's supposed to be, you get a key the moment you attach the lock. This seems to be a bug.

I am assuming there is no one in world that is able to fix this issue for me? Maybe even to remove the lock, so i can attach a new one?
WtfJasmineee

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:36 pm

Either you mistakenly installed a lock that was already attuned, or there was some really weird/rare bug that prevented you from getting the master key as intended.

Sorry to play the blame game, but the former sounds much more plausible.

Unless you find master key for the lock that was installed, there is no way to remove it.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:37 pm

PM loftar and jorb about it, maybe even magicman to see if he can move this topic to Bugs.
Nightdawg

Postby WtfJasmineee » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:40 pm

Well, I appreciate the responses.
WtfJasmineee

Postby Procne » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:54 pm

is it possible that your bags were full, and the key landed in the water?
Procne

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Procne wrote:is it possible that your bags were full, and the key landed in the water?

It should've landed on the empty spot left by the lock, unless he went out of the way to fill up his inventory and carry the lock to the Snekkja on his cursor. In this case, the key should have landed on his cursor based on my knowledge of mechanics.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Next

Return to How do I?