Learning the basics of PVP will save your life

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Learning the basics of PVP will save your life

Postby mulamishne » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:52 pm

Great post Clemins, escaping the victim mentality is the first step to improving yourself. There's a defeatist attitude with so many people in this game, but trying really is the first step to improvement.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby DonVelD » Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:54 pm

shubla wrote:
Yes its easy to avoid getting ganked damn noob sprucecaps, why doesn't everybody just run with 27 liters of water with full toolbelt of waterskins and few more in their inventories ready to spend next 2 hrs in their computers running continuously. If opponents get too close just reduce openings with few flex moves!

I'm not sure if your'e just trying to flex with your combat montages or actually help sprucecaps here. Do you realize that a poor sprucecap does not even have combat moves unlocked? He can barely afford a birchbark cup and does not have space in his inventory/toolbelt for 10 waterskins?

Why should everybody spend effort to "learn to pvp" so that they can successfully run away. What is point of pvp if everybody just runs away successfully? Don't you as pvp'er want easy sprucecap kills or then some even 50/50 combats. Sprucecaps will never give you either.

Non consenting PVP should just be (effectively) removed from the game.

Maybe you get erect from running in forest for a few hours but that is simply just boring. Devs should bring back movement kamemberz or something to make it actually interesting. Or wait I forgot, that would likely be completely ruined these days anyways because of custom clients.
So just remove pvp, thats what I think.

You vastly overestimate the time that is needed to be spent to run away. It takes like 5-10 minutes to run away if you know what you're doing which this thread encourages you to do so and considering this all you need is maybe like 3 waterskins. This thread was meant for players that know the basics at least. But yeah maybe add that they are playing without a fucking monitor to make your point at least a little bit more. Fuck off with your coping bullshit to C&I least and let people learn.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby WowGain » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:12 am

shubla wrote:Have you just ran around with your friends or do you have some actual experience of getting suddenly attacked by likely outnumbered and overpowered enemy while you're picking blueberries in the forest?
Sudden appearance of knarr full of dhelmers?

My suggestion to noobs is to just give up if you get caught. Close the client and hope for the best.

PSA
the person who made this post publicly bragged about creating a script that was used to pilot a knarr filled with bots that would kill every single person on a river that it encountered
this person is not a trustworthy figure
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby MightySheep » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:47 am

This game favors the person running away. It gives you speed boosts that disappear when you run over them. Coming across random boats / dugouts is also usually a guaranteed escape from land chase. If you fail to run away you literally only have yourself to blame.

If anything should motivate new players to learn how to play the game its Shubla, like just look at him and ask yourself "is this who I want to be?". The answer is no. Why would anybody want to be a loser?

All this stuff about 20 waterskins and 2 hour chases is absolute nonsense. You literally just need a few waterskins and a safe place to run to. Nightdawgs vids show how straightforward it is to run away from even sweaty coordinated zergs but those types of players dont even play past a few months anyway. If you get chased in PvP at this point you have a very easy chance of escaping if you know how to run in a straight line lol.
MightySheep

Postby shubla » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:18 am

Nightdawg wrote:Holy fucking shit this thread is literally encouraging sprucecaps to learn the VERY BASICS OF CLICKING AND DRINKING for their own sake and you're saying they should "cLoSe tHe cLiEnT wHeN aGgRoEd"

I'm just reminding them of the harsh reality that they have next to no chance to escape in most situations. Even in optimal situation they must have multiple conditions which are filled, such as:
Enough water and food/energy to run anywhere from 2 minutes to few hours based on how far away they are from their base.
Base built in a way that even allows them escaping into it (right keys in inventory, right way of building gates etc.).
Hope enemies don't have horses, interception knarrs etc.
Even things like having the route mapped from your location to your base may be a challenge. Theres stuff like whirlpools, thingwalls, boating long distances via river. Which complicate the return to home quite a bit.

. It takes like 5-10 minutes to run away if you know what you're doing which this thread encourages you to do so

Assuming your base is 5-10minutes away? Most people go on far longer trips than that. Which are also the most dangerous ones because of the long distance traveled.

the person who made this post publicly bragged about creating a script that was used to pilot a knarr filled with bots that would kill every single person on a river that it encountered

In order to protect noobs by giving awareness to the long standing issue and forcing devs to do something about it. Yes. If you're trying to convince anyone, leave low effort troll arguments like this away.

Nightdawgs vids show how straightforward it is to run away from even sweaty coordinated zergs

In a sped up video where he has some advanced combat moves unlocked and some combat stats gained also, with some his ally coming to rescue him in a well coordinated effort?
Stuff like this is out of the reach from most sprucecaps, even if they read something about it.

Most sprucecaps don't even end up in reading this thread.

My claim in earlier post still holds about sprucecaps(or anyone really) successfully running away being a very dumb thing.

Most players aren't capable of doing such things anyway. They're casual people who just want to have fun, they have to walk their dogs etc. and not do some 100% focus running.
If it was so easy then why wouldn't all sprucecaps do it.

Hope this thread doesn't give jorb any false impressions. Jorb himself would be uncapable of escaping from anyone even remotely competent and pvp only leads to loss of players and worsening of community.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MadNomad » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:39 am

you can't do anything except run if you have 1K stats and someone else has 2K stats

or if you have q100 weapon and someone else has q200 weapon

but if you have 2 people with 1K stats then it's the single person with 2K stats that can't do anything but run

unless one of the sides is retarded and waits a whole minute after the cooldown of a combat move has passed

just master the art of running away (have the fastest ships, always drink on sprintlands, run into funny wind with leaves that sometimes appears in the forests, always have trollbelt filled with water prepared)

or if the person looks like a sprucecap it's unlikely that it was someone with decent stats who dressed up as a sprucecap, so you can just wreck them, most probably they haven't mastered the art of running away

shubla wrote:My suggestion to noobs is to just give up if you get caught. Close the client and hope for the best.

is this something that you do in such case? :lol: :roll:

I have a feeling that shubla is secretly a sprucecap slayer who only gives such advices to score easy sprucecap slays

actually not even secretly, he has publicly shown his hafen boating trip where he slays sprucecaps
MadNomad

Postby DonVelD » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:34 pm

shubla wrote:I'm just reminding them of the harsh reality that they have next to no chance to escape in most situations. Even in optimal situation they must have multiple conditions which are filled, such as:
Enough water and food/energy to run anywhere from 2 minutes to few hours based on how far away they are from their base.
Base built in a way that even allows them escaping into it (right keys in inventory, right way of building gates etc.).
Hope enemies don't have horses, interception knarrs etc.
Even things like having the route mapped from your location to your base may be a challenge. Theres stuff like whirlpools, thingwalls, boating long distances via river. Which complicate the return to home quite a bit.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby MightySheep » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:08 am

Shubla is like the target audience for this thread but he too stubborn to realize it.

"nah its too hard to run in a straight line and click drink button, cant be done, gotta walk the dog, how can u walk the dog and run back to your base at the same time ? it doesnt make sense, just a casual player, running in a straight line and clicking drink is way too far above my pay grade, who do u think I am? some sort of elite gamer?"

Whats funny is Ive chased sprucecaps before and if I get the sense they know how to run I just give up, like if they are literally wearing a spruce cap Im not gonna spend 5+ minutes chasing someone for red handed & fuck all loot.

Honestly your average PvP chase is probably like 5 minutes because people just run along river till they find a dugout or rowboat which are usually all over the place.

Maybe re read the first post Shubla you might learn something from Clemins, u dont need to be so intimidated by PvP, its not that scary. You can do it shubla , one day u will find some balls, I believe in u.
MightySheep

Postby axus » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:38 am

Devs should make it easier to run away, since it's already easy. Until then, practice running from someone in spar.

Isn't chasing just literally right-click and "Follow"?
axus

Postby MightySheep » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:52 am

axus wrote:Isn't chasing just literally right-click and "Follow"?

its mostly spamming some attack move to run towards opponent + left click to dodge trees and stuff
MightySheep

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?