Does "Letting go of your Dream" still work?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Does "Letting go of your Dream" still work?

Postby algam » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:15 am

I did not get "Letting go of your Dream" event in many months. Lately I am trying only like once a month. Was this removed or I should do more than dropping a dream?
algam

Re: Does "Letting go of your Dream" still work?

Postby WowGain » Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:39 am

eligible experience events are decided by a very obfuscated system that is somewhat randomized. try doing it specifically after you get another experience event.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:30 pm

Experience system isn't even remotely complicated, even if it is obfuscated. You only have a queue of certain experiences that are possible at any given time, completing experiences from that list either replaces them individually or shuffles the list. (Not sure specifically, but the effect is the same.) Some experiences appear to have a cooldown, but I don't think all do.

If you ever find you're stuck, you have to try a bunch of the weird specific stuff. Try for the weird experiences like lifting a table or placing a boat in the water, stepping onto a mountain at dawn, that kind of stuff.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Sevenless » Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:06 am

I think experiences work like quests to a degree. Some give you no new options, others kind of cause an "explosion" of experiences all at once. If you put all the experiences your gameplay cycle takes you through on cooldown, there seems to be a time based refreshing of experiences that slowly opens them up.

It's a very annoying system to game.

I never managed to get letting go of a dream this world for some reason.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby iamahh » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:44 pm

I think it's a "mid-low" frequency event, if your char does a bit of everything

not as frequent as "By Weeping Willows", "Having a Seat" or "The Tables Have Turned"

check wiki list to see if you can trigger other events
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Experience_Points
iamahh

Postby algam » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:27 pm

Thanks guys for the answers.

From what I understand some are getting this event not to often but not to rare also and some, like me and Sevenless not at all.

This might also be the case for "Roaring fire". Never got it this world despite getting "Driving out the Darkness" many times.

I think these events are blocked until some other rare event (I did not get yet) happens.
So I will make an experiment and try to get as many events as possible from the list and drop a dream after each one.
algam

Postby algam » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:02 pm

After 3 days and 23 different experience events I finaly got "Letting go of your Dream" after "Soot, Cogs & Fire".

I had this one before this world so my feeling that some events are blocked until another one happens for the first time and after that they are possible in a random way is false.
algam

Postby iamahh » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:11 pm

I think I never seen "Roaring fire" ever, but I'm not sure
iamahh

Return to How do I?