Name change

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Name change

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:36 am

Is there any way to change my name? Being Pinkie Pie all the time was fun at first but the novelty has worn thin.

Edit: I realize I could just make a new account, but my verification and multiple hats are attached to *this* one.
Pinkie-Pie

Re: Name change

Postby vatas » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:42 am

You can transfer any and all hats to another account (take hat on cursor and right click at a character from the intended recipient account.)

Can't transfer verification though. (Big MAYBE if you ask Jorb nicely enough.)

Putting more thought to this, does account name even matter at all in-game? You could just make an alt account for forum posting if you really don't want to be attached to the handle "Pinkie-Pie?"
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:27 pm

I suppose not, I could have a new account I just use for forums and still play on this one.
Pinkie-Pie

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:43 pm

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:54 pm

Pinkie-Pie wrote:Is there any way to change my name? Being Pinkie Pie all the time was fun at first but the novelty has worn thin.

Edit: I realize I could just make a new account, but my verification and multiple hats are attached to *this* one.

This is why it is so important not to pick meme names for game accounts. Memes usually have very short lifespans and when they become mundane they become the worst kind of mundane.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby VDZ » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:47 pm

vatas wrote:Putting more thought to this, does account name even matter at all in-game?

It does not. I've been playing under various names for years and there's no way for anybody in-game to tell they're me. Your account name never shows up anywhere (visible to other players).
VDZ

Return to How do I?