what could this be?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

what could this be?

Postby Barbamaus » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:48 pm

Any clue what this is?
Barbamaus

Re: what could this be?

Postby vatas » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:29 pm

Maybe current kilns will be harder to make and that will be the new "primitive" only clay required -version?

I dunno, that's the only thing I can come up with.

Or maybe it's a primitive oven instead?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby bumfrog » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:44 pm

in the trailer a hearthling appears to be pouring molten metal into it, so it’s almost certainly some kind of new crucible tied to the metal industry/spiraling changes
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby Barbamaus » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:40 pm

bumfrog wrote:in the trailer a hearthling appears to be pouring molten metal into it, so it’s almost certainly some kind of new crucible tied to the metal industry/spiraling changes

I watched the trailer again to see what you were talking about, and I still don't see it. I do see it put somewhere close to the smelter though.
The fact that everything is so well placed in that village, except for that item, makes me wonder if you can lift it...

Barbamaus

Postby Odynak » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:14 pm

It is a bathtub. Not installed yet.
Odynak

Postby bumfrog » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:16 pm

Barbamaus wrote:
bumfrog wrote:in the trailer a hearthling appears to be pouring molten metal into it, so it’s almost certainly some kind of new crucible tied to the metal industry/spiraling changes

I watched the trailer again to see what you were talking about, and I still don't see it. I do see it put somewhere close to the smelter though.

It’s at 0:39 in the trailer on youtube. Sorry for the low-res image, look at the video yourself for a better version. Definitely a dude messing with molten metal
Attachments
1C084320-0AC1-4F29-853D-542E487098E1.jpeg
1C084320-0AC1-4F29-853D-542E487098E1.jpeg (121.03 KiB) Viewed 241 times
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby The_Lich_King » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:00 am

bumfrog wrote:
Barbamaus wrote:

It’s at 0:39 in the trailer on youtube. Sorry for the low-res image, look at the video yourself for a better version. Definitely a dude messing with molten metal

It might be the new first stage for metalworking. Some ceramic kilns were one time use, and would completely encompass the ore being smelted. You would then break the kiln and harvest the metal and slag inside.

This might be an example of a single use smelter.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Barbamaus » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:26 pm

I watched it over and over, and I do see some molten stuff being poured into it; I'm starting to think it's something related to either glassmaking or some kind of mould.

In the trailer we're shown three stages of the same village:

Stage 1: nothing interesting

Stage 2: we see a kiln, an oven, and a stack furnace. That means this new thing doesn't replace any of those, nor comes before it. So it's unlikely to be yet another kind of smelter.

Stage 3: Stack furnace is gone, replaced by the bigger smelter. We see the new item appear, with something being poured into it (same textures as molten metal or molten glass). I find it interesting that we don't see a crucible though, which is what makes me wonder if this is some sort of new crucible. We also don't see any advanced metal industry structures, like finery forge or the steel making thingy, but I doubt it's replacing one of those.
Barbamaus

Return to How do I?