Good Early Curios

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Good Early Curios

Postby Sevenless » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:48 pm

VDZ wrote:
banok wrote:This is exactly what i do and yet people who play x10 than me never seem to get that weight is a limiting factor and study q8 seers bones over like q50 aurochs hair and think im the noob.

Edit:
Ive realised hermitting and playing super efficiently is what makes my dick hard. If im behind the jobless kids because im not chainstudying flotssam and glimmermoss, thats ok because if not far behind from sheer playing smarter not harder I can reach climax.

You haven't posted in the 'post your stats' thread yet. Let's see how far your playing smarter got you.

The reality is that 'playing smarter' in practice involves playing with a faction or at least with the backing of a faction, using their special private custom clients and botting as much as possible. They don't 'get' that weight is a limiting factor because it's much less of a limiting factor for them due to their stats being much higher than ours. (For the record, q8 Seer's Bones has nearly the same LP/hour/slot as q50 Auroch's Hair ((300 / 2) * SQRT(8/10) = 134 LP/hour/slot, vs 69 * SQRT(50/10) = 154 LP/hour/slot...and it's only 3 INT per slot which isn't much. Not to mention I highly doubt their Seer's Bones are only q8; at q11 they already beat the q50 Auroch's Hair ((300 / 2) * SQRT(11/10) = 157).)

Playing smarter will get you ahead of most hermits, but you're never going to beat faction players no matter how smart you play (or even how much time you spend, as long as you're not in contact with faction players).

The actual reason villages don't/shouldn't use seer's bones is because it's a waste of bones. Bones have lots of other more valuable uses, and seers bones are so inefficient with the bones/LP cost they're never good even if their LP/hr is good.

Same general concept though. Resource prioritization is key to playing efficiently.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: Good Early Curios

Postby vatas » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:31 am

What about the end-game when you have so many hq (not topQ) bones that many people just leave them to despawn on the ground, you ask? At that point, Seers Bones start to be held back because they take two slots in the study screen.

Make Glue Trolls if you want to turn bones into curios. (Getting off-topic because in early game, every straw has to go to either a Beehive or Chicken Coop.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Previous

Return to How do I?