Good Early Curios

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Good Early Curios

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:05 am

Everybody knows what the late game curios are, to the extant they don't really need to be stated.

I was wondering however, what curios do people use pre-farming. Like for your initial start what are your fav curios?

I like Feather Trinket, Mirkwood, Seer's Bones for day one as well as any bloated bolete, Peculiar Flotsam and Emerald Dragonfly i can find.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Re: Good Early Curios

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:38 am

Cone cow, woodworms are ok and easy to mass, worm-eaten apples are good and easy to farm, soldier ants are a classic, I like spired forest conch and they're pretty easy to produce
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:42 am

Audiosmurf wrote:Cone cow, woodworms are ok and easy to mass, worm-eaten apples are good and easy to farm, soldier ants are a classic, I like spired forest conch and they're pretty easy to produce

I usually don't start with conch until after farming because onions. Ants are always a bonus this is true. I forgot about worm eaten apples
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:44 am

The_Lich_King wrote:
Audiosmurf wrote:Cone cow, woodworms are ok and easy to mass, worm-eaten apples are good and easy to farm, soldier ants are a classic, I like spired forest conch and they're pretty easy to produce

I usually don't start with conch until after farming because onions. Ants are always a bonus this is true. I forgot about worm eaten apples

I personally start going after them as soon as I can get dusk ferns because you can just stockpile so many of those and start cooking snails immediately
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:50 am

Audiosmurf wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:

I personally start going after them as soon as I can get dusk ferns because you can just stockpile so many of those and start cooking snails immediately

Honestly... valid

The_Lich_King

Postby Jalpha » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:34 pm

Cone cow, mirkwood, dragonfly, feather trinket, dewy lady's mantle. Then with more int or to fill gaps stuff like cattail head, birch boat, bolette, water strider, tubers, thistles, dandelion. Probs other stuff I'm forgetting.

Early game some of these forageables can be really, really good if you find a high q node. Especially stuff like dragonflies because you can find so many.

Nerf my dragonflies and I'll DDoS the server! Maybe.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:12 pm

https://www.ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Curiosity

Every world I sort this by LP/hr/Weight. Anything that's 40+ (after quality modifier) is a prime candidate.

Here's a list from those curios that have 1hr+ runtime (or should, mighta missed one) and are reasonably accessible in the new world. I'll star the ones that I often rely on. Some of these have techniques required to get them efficiently, not included.

*bat wings
*enthroned toad
bark boat (tedious, I don't often bother)
frogspawn
washed up bladderwrack
poppycaps
*royal toadstool
tangled bramble
*jellyfish (my guilty pleasure even into mid world)
bloated bolete
*water strider
ladybug
*feather trinket
worm eaten apple
*gooseneck barnacle
dewy lady's mantle
stalagoom
*mirkwood offering
thorny thistle
auroch hair
flotsam
*dragonfly
ant queen/empress

Ultimately pumping int to make less efficient/int but more LP/hour curios accessible is the key to snowballing your LP.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby VDZ » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:48 pm

Sevenless wrote:*bat wings

Be aware these wreck your XP hard. People know this about Mirkwood Offerings, but for Bat Wings it's less obvious.
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:05 pm

Sevenless wrote:https://www.ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Curiosity

Every world I sort this by LP/hr/Weight. Anything that's 40+ (after quality modifier) is a prime candidate.

Here's a list from those curios that have 1hr+ runtime (or should, mighta missed one) and are reasonably accessible in the new world. I'll star the ones that I often rely on. Some of these have techniques required to get them efficiently, not included.

*bat wings
*enthroned toad
bark boat (tedious, I don't often bother)
frogspawn
washed up bladderwrack
poppycaps
*royal toadstool
tangled bramble
*jellyfish (my guilty pleasure even into mid world)
bloated bolete
*water strider
ladybug
*feather trinket
worm eaten apple
*gooseneck barnacle
dewy lady's mantle
stalagoom
*mirkwood offering
thorny thistle
auroch hair
flotsam
*dragonfly
ant queen/empress

Ultimately pumping int to make less efficient/int but more LP/hour curios accessible is the key to snowballing your LP.

Yeah my Int pump is where i always suffer mid-world. I have no issue getting to 100 int but for some reason its torture getting past that

The_Lich_King

Postby Sevenless » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:01 pm

VDZ wrote:
Sevenless wrote:*bat wings

Be aware these wreck your XP hard. People know this about Mirkwood Offerings, but for Bat Wings it's less obvious.

I've never had issues with it early world when actions are varied so you're rolling a lot of XP. I tend to taper this list off after 2-3 weeks. 30xp for mirks and 40xp for batwings aren't the end of the world. Mirks used to be a lot worse iirc, like 100? That was brutal. Just keep tabs on your XP and all's fine.

The_Lich_King wrote:Yeah my Int pump is where i always suffer mid-world. I have no issue getting to 100 int but for some reason its torture getting past that

Eh, for 100+ I'd just go for Jorbonzola. I had some great int orca recipes this world, but if whales are harder to get not sure if that's relevant.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Next

Return to How do I?