Good Early Curios

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Good Early Curios

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:27 pm

Bros don't sleep on woodworms they're real good both as a cone cow tier early curio and as bait :3c
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:02 am

Audiosmurf wrote:Bros don't sleep on woodworms they're real good both as a cone cow tier early curio and as bait :3c

Not arguing against, they give 100 lp in 36 minutes for 2 mental weight. that's not nothing but its such a chore to keep them going. So much split mirkwood.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Sevenless » Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:15 am

There are several curios that are good if you ignore their short run time. I prefer my sanity is all.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:33 am

Sevenless wrote:There are several curios that are good if you ignore their short run time. I prefer my sanity is all.

No need to be so chad, we get the Chadenless is real
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Jalpha » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:17 am

Short run time really isn't an issue now with study table. It's not so difficult to build one. It is still a bit of work with more than one character though.

Sevenless just gave away a protip. Most titan characters are used to just getting spam fed by a town. You would maybe be surprised to know how few of them really min-max the first few weeks.

Forageables remain competitive as a supplementary curio supply for the first month perhaps, depending upon your int gain and mining progress. However finding good quality nodes is a must.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby banok » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:14 pm

Sevenless wrote:https://www.ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Curiosity

Every world I sort this by LP/hr/Weight. Anything that's 40+ (after quality modifier) is a prime candidate.

Here's a list from those curios that have 1hr+ runtime (or should, mighta missed one) and are reasonably accessible in the new world. I'll star the ones that I often rely on. Some of these have techniques required to get them efficiently, not included.

*bat wings
*enthroned toad
bark boat (tedious, I don't often bother)
frogspawn
washed up bladderwrack
poppycaps
*royal toadstool
tangled bramble
*jellyfish (my guilty pleasure even into mid world)
bloated bolete
*water strider
ladybug
*feather trinket
worm eaten apple
*gooseneck barnacle
dewy lady's mantle
stalagoom
*mirkwood offering
thorny thistle
auroch hair
flotsam
*dragonfly
ant queen/empress

Ultimately pumping int to make less efficient/int but more LP/hour curios accessible is the key to snowballing your LP.

This is exactly what i do and yet people who play x10 than me never seem to get that weight is a limiting factor and study q8 seers bones over like q50 aurochs hair and think im the noob.

Edit:
Ive realised hermitting and playing super efficiently is what makes my dick hard. If im behind the jobless kids because im not chainstudying flotssam and glimmermoss, thats ok because if not far behind from sheer playing smarter not harder I can reach climax.
banok

Postby VDZ » Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:36 pm

banok wrote:This is exactly what i do and yet people who play x10 than me never seem to get that weight is a limiting factor and study q8 seers bones over like q50 aurochs hair and think im the noob.

Edit:
Ive realised hermitting and playing super efficiently is what makes my dick hard. If im behind the jobless kids because im not chainstudying flotssam and glimmermoss, thats ok because if not far behind from sheer playing smarter not harder I can reach climax.

You haven't posted in the 'post your stats' thread yet. Let's see how far your playing smarter got you.

The reality is that 'playing smarter' in practice involves playing with a faction or at least with the backing of a faction, using their special private custom clients and botting as much as possible. They don't 'get' that weight is a limiting factor because it's much less of a limiting factor for them due to their stats being much higher than ours. (For the record, q8 Seer's Bones has nearly the same LP/hour/slot as q50 Auroch's Hair ((300 / 2) * SQRT(8/10) = 134 LP/hour/slot, vs 69 * SQRT(50/10) = 154 LP/hour/slot...and it's only 3 INT per slot which isn't much. Not to mention I highly doubt their Seer's Bones are only q8; at q11 they already beat the q50 Auroch's Hair ((300 / 2) * SQRT(11/10) = 157).)

Playing smarter will get you ahead of most hermits, but you're never going to beat faction players no matter how smart you play (or even how much time you spend, as long as you're not in contact with faction players).
VDZ

Postby Jalpha » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:15 pm

It's true. As a solo hermit running two accounts (the maximum I can comfortably manage without no-lifing) I haven't identified the ideal Strat for managing foraging, hunting, gildings, farming and cooking. Maybe it's there but still there is no way I'm going to be competitive, particularly without early world trading.

This does not bother me.

I just want to explore and find nice things along the way.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby The_Lich_King » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:54 am

Jalpha wrote:It's true. As a solo hermit running two accounts (the maximum I can comfortably manage without no-lifing) I haven't identified the ideal Strat for managing foraging, hunting, gildings, farming and cooking. Maybe it's there but still there is no way I'm going to be competitive, particularly without early world trading.

This does not bother me.

I just want to explore and find nice things along the way.

Yeah same. I have only ever once gotten into a big faction for competitive play. I posted this thread not to find some newfound meta that can help me stay at the world average, but more so I can get further this world than last.

My main aspiration for this game is to be in competition with myself and to end every world with a better character then I ended last world with.

The_Lich_King

Postby banok » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:16 pm

VDZ wrote:
banok wrote:This is exactly what i do and yet people who play x10 than me never seem to get that weight is a limiting factor and study q8 seers bones over like q50 aurochs hair and think im the noob.

Edit:

You haven't posted in the 'post your stats' thread yet. Let's see how far your playing smarter got you.

The reality is that 'playing smarter' in practice involves playing with a faction or at least with the backing of a faction, using their special private custom clients and botting as much as possible. They don't 'get' that weight is a limiting factor because it's much less of a limiting factor for them due to their stats being much higher than ours. (For the record, q8 Seer's Bones has nearly the same LP/hour/slot as q50 Auroch's Hair ((300 / 2) * SQRT(8/10) = 134 LP/hour/slot, vs 69 * SQRT(50/10) = 154 LP/hour/slot...and it's only 3 INT per slot which isn't much. Not to mention I highly doubt their Seer's Bones are only q8; at q11 they already beat the q50 Auroch's Hair ((300 / 2) * SQRT(11/10) = 157).)

Playing smarter will get you ahead of most hermits, but you're never going to beat faction players no matter how smart you play (or even how much time you spend, as long as you're not in contact with faction players).

The seers bones is just example i pulled out of my ass and made up the qualities, i havent eve really played since w12 start or was it 11. But i have specific memory of people not understanding that aurochs hairs are good, especially since you often have leftover 1 int space so its best in slot anyway, also lasts 7h takes no effort to get vs seers bones lasting only 2h meaning villagers are wasting 12x5=60 bones every day just to get rates which are just ok.
banok

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?