World 14 Unofficial Changelog

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: World 14 Unofficial Changelog

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:28 am

Rador wrote:Dunno if it is new or not but it seems you can't trample snakes anymore

Whoa, are you for real? This is pretty big for hermits. Did you try cart trampling, horse trampling or both?
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:51 am

They added tough root for destroying tree roots (not mirkwood) and a good early game exploration gild for tough roots.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Flameturtle » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:09 am

The_Lich_King wrote:They added tough root for destroying tree roots (not mirkwood) and a good early game exploration gild for tough roots.

Was added back in June https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=72617
Flamturtle's Haven & Hearth 2.0 Combat Guide! http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40466 - Remade for its 5th Anniversary!
PM to Contact.
Flameturtle

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:40 am

Beware, bats have been buffed. Had a very close call at 9 UA, 18 AGI, 11 STR. Wiki says it should have 90 hitpoints (flee at 60) but it didn't even flee until 119 damage. It got real aggressive on backhanded (dark blue) attacks at some point, the attacks went really fast. (I won the fight with 8 SHP remaining.)
VDZ

Postby loftar » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:48 am

VDZ wrote:Beware, bats have been buffed. Had a very close call at 9 UA, 18 AGI, 11 STR. Wiki says it should have 90 hitpoints (flee at 60) but it didn't even flee until 119 damage.

We haven't buffed them. They might've just used their HP-vampire ability on you.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:59 am

loftar wrote:
VDZ wrote:Beware, bats have been buffed. Had a very close call at 9 UA, 18 AGI, 11 STR. Wiki says it should have 90 hitpoints (flee at 60) but it didn't even flee until 119 damage.

We haven't buffed them. They might've just used their HP-vampire ability on you.

Wiki says they only use Vampirism if Reeling is above 50%, and it causes more Reeling and heals for 'a small amount'. By the end of the battle my Reeling was at 43 (without me ever having used a restoration for Reeling, only for Dizzy and Off-Balance). Throughout the battle (which didn't take long) I took 77 SHP damage total, so assuming their flee HP is still 30 below their max HP, more than 50 of that 77 damage must have been from Vampirism (assuming 1:1 restore ratio). That seems very unlikely to me.

I've fought bats at low stats before and I've never encountered a situation like this.
VDZ

Postby VDZ » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:10 am

VDZ wrote:
loftar wrote:

Wiki says they only use Vampirism if Reeling is above 50%, and it causes more Reeling and heals for 'a small amount'. By the end of the battle my Reeling was at 43 (without me ever having used a restoration for Reeling, only for Dizzy and Off-Balance). Throughout the battle (which didn't take long) I took 77 SHP damage total, so assuming their flee HP is still 30 below their max HP, more than 50 of that 77 damage must have been from Vampirism (assuming 1:1 restore ratio). That seems very unlikely to me.

I've fought bats at low stats before and I've never encountered a situation like this.

For the record, this is what it looked like at the fleeing point. (Ignore the HHP damage, I never cleared the damage recording from all the nettle burns which have long since healed.) It was indeed using Vampirism at sub-50 Reeling, but it must've somehow drained like crazy while at the same time stacking up Dizzy like crazy (while Off-Balance wasn't stacking up nearly as hard, even though according to the wiki its only Backhanded attack is also Striking). It's almost like it's parsing the colors incorrectly or something, I can't explain what happened with the stats and rules I'm familiar with. Something changed, at least.

EDIT: Also perhaps relevant to say as indication of how the battle must have been, there was no movement during the battle other than provoking it the desired position at the start, and I focused mainly on a 'kill it before it kills me' strategy especially towards what at least felt like the latter half of the battle, only using restorations when my openings got really high (40+, at some point I even accepted openings between 40-50). I tried to use restorations against the Backhanded stacking but it remained in the ~80 range (if I recall correctly) so I gave up on that and just punched and kept wondering why it wouldn't just die already.
VDZ

Postby The_Lich_King » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:21 am

Flameturtle wrote:
The_Lich_King wrote:They added tough root for destroying tree roots (not mirkwood) and a good early game exploration gild for tough roots.

Was added back in June https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=72617

Totally missed it somehow
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Rador » Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:39 am

VDZ wrote:
Rador wrote:Dunno if it is new or not but it seems you can't trample snakes anymore

Whoa, are you for real? This is pretty big for hermits. Did you try cart trampling, horse trampling or both?

Actually I only tried it without a cart. That might be interesting but I have my doubts.

You now "hit" it and stop which will turn its aggro on you
Rador

Postby Mysia » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:01 pm

is this new? for a rough star shard?

Mysia

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?