World 14 Unofficial Changelog

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: World 14 Unofficial Changelog

Postby filmarriot » Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:35 pm

waga wrote:readp atch notes :^)

Oh wow.
So I guess someone made it to level 2 like one or two days ago. Nice.
filmarriot

Postby Sprinkle » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:09 am

waga wrote:
filmarriot wrote:I strongly beleive that Mine Pyre can burn out way faster.

I used a rustroot extract hoping to prospect some ore beneath level 1. But found a spot where "No minerals found beneath" instead.
I guessed hat must've been a cave hall down there, so I started a Mine Pyre over it. It only burned for about 48 hours then turned into a place where I am now supposed to build a mine hole.
Nobody bashed it, that's fore sure, for I surrounded the place with a palisade within a claimed land and locked it down.

Now I only have to find some wax and build the hole to be sure.
To double check that I guess I'll start another Mine Pyre somewhere near. Over another spot with no minerals beneath.

readp atch notes :^)

*patch notes.
Extremely popular.
Sprinkle

Postby VDZ » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:35 pm

Toad Throne, new bush found on layer 2 (and presumably below). Only has 'pick spores' and 'chop' options. The first option gives 'Toad Throne Spores', which don't seem to do anything, but I've only picked the on my miner alt, not my main. Haven't tried chopping it yet.
VDZ

Postby wolf1000wolf » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:54 pm

VDZ wrote:Image

Toad Throne, new bush found on layer 2 (and presumably below). Only has 'pick spores' and 'chop' options. The first option gives 'Toad Throne Spores', which don't seem to do anything, but I've only picked the on my miner alt, not my main. Haven't tried chopping it yet.

Chopping it gets you nothing sadly.

Hopefully this new shroom bush has some use but atm if people have found it they're not sharing.
wolf1000wolf

Postby VDZ » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:42 pm

Do we know what Star Shards are for yet?
VDZ

Postby Halbertz » Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:44 pm

VDZ wrote:Do we know what Star Shards are for yet?

Yes.
Halbertz

Postby Vesena » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:30 am

I was holding off including them until more concrete information on their mechanics was known, but it doesn't seem like anything's been publicly shared yet that wasn't already known on Day 1.
-Most underground caverns spawns a star shard object that can be harvested once to gain a Star Shard item which comes with no quality, but random sizes.
-A Star Shard can be applied to an item to imbue it, increasing its quality and changing its quality icon from a blue orb to a yellow star.

If anyone wants to contribute in the name of science, here are a few starting questions:
-What's the formula for the quality boost? Flat or percentage? Presumably it also scales with the size and cut of the shard.
-Do they behave at the gemcutter's wheel like any other gem (e.g. having a chance to split into two smaller gems)
-Does an imbued item used in crafting create an imbued product? What about other item transformations like an imbued Silkworm Egg hatching?
Vesena

Postby organisedchaos » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:39 pm

Vesena wrote:Mine Pyre - 50x Log - 25x Sand - Required before being able to build a minehole. Burns for 7 days. Construction requires the same Strength that would be required to build a minehole in that spot.

The statement about strength seems to be incorrect, I was able to build a mine pyre but trying to put a minehole on top after it finished burning reports I'm not strong enough to mine the rock below.
organisedchaos

Postby Mr_Bober » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:39 am

VDZ wrote:Do we know what Star Shards are for yet?

You can use it on an item, it increase its quality. I used a tiny rough one on a stone axe, q went up by like 1 point... now everything I craft with the axe, or with stuff made by the axe, has the little star next to it. Kinda like the "memory of pain" used to be.

I haven't tried cutting one yet. I found a large one, which I assume would mean a higher q boost.
Can't boost an item that already has the star quality
Mr_Bober

Postby tericson » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:54 pm

The statement about strength seems to be incorrect, I was able to build a mine pyre but trying to put a minehole on top after it finished burning reports I'm not strong enough to mine the rock below.

I found that if I used strength gear to make the pyre I occasionally forgot to put it back on to make the mine hole. In fact after I started the mine hole and only had a few items left to add if I forgot to put my strength gear on it wouldn’t let me finish the hole. Once my gear was back on I could complete the mine hole, so you might have just forgot to put all your gear on.
tericson

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?