New Metalforging

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

New Metalforging

Postby The_Lich_King » Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:46 am

Do i have made the sandcasting and poured metal into it, but its remained in molten state for many many hours now. Did i miss a step?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Re: New Metalforging

Postby SavageFox » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:09 am

you have to wait for it to harden I don't know how long it will take I just reached that part of the game to
SavageFox

Postby Vigilance » Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:49 am

it's an insanely slow timegate.

feels disproportionately out of bounds of what you'd expect, naturally, tbh. i think its like 7 or 8 hours for an axe?
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby cb111 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:15 pm

What exactly is required for casting?
I've discovered clay / sand / tin & lead bars and have all the metalwork skills other than artifice but I dont see any casting moulds or anything.
cb111

Postby Elizaberry » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm

cb111 wrote:What exactly is required for casting?
I've discovered clay / sand / tin & lead bars and have all the metalwork skills other than artifice but I dont see any casting moulds or anything.

Same.
Elizaberry

Postby Thuzzy » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:30 pm

cb111 wrote:What exactly is required for casting?

Can you see Tinker's Shovel in Craft > Clothes & Equipment > Tools?
Instead of crafting the item you will be able to place a building in the ground (casting mould). To craft a Tinker's Shovel you will need soft metal, so you right click the mould with the soft metal bars (you need to have a lit stack furnace nearby).
Thuzzy

Postby TTastic » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:40 pm

Can confirm that the tinkers axe (at least when made with Tin) takes ~8 hours exactly to cast in the mold. Set it around 12:00pm my local time, finished at 8:03pm my local time.
TTastic

Postby kirion » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:08 am

I imagine so, but i guess that the smelter must be lit at all time during the casting, otherwise it reset like when making steel?

8hrs of keeping a stack furnace fed kinda suck though.

Also would really like to know just what does an item need, all it says in the crafting screen is 5 casting mats for the shovel but doesn't mention the 3 soft metal needed. Maybe inspecting the cast could tell you.
kirion

Postby VDZ » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 am

kirion wrote:I imagine so, but i guess that the smelter must be lit at all time during the casting, otherwise it reset like when making steel?

8hrs of keeping a stack furnace fed kinda suck though.

Not the case, I had no issues making a frying pan and I definitely didn't leave my stack furnace running for 8 hours.
VDZ

Postby kirion » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:19 am

VDZ wrote:Not the case, I had no issues making a frying pan and I definitely didn't leave my stack furnace running for 8 hours.

Oh that's great news, thanks!
kirion

Next

Return to How do I?