Clearing Reeds

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Clearing Reeds

Postby DeltaDude2016 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:43 am

Is there a way to clear reeds faster? like a different tool or something?
DeltaDude2016

Re: Clearing Reeds

Postby dorag » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:52 am

no it sucks jorb fix now!
dorag

Postby fishbro001 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:26 am

Pls increase str req for clearing reeds.
fishbro001

Postby The_Blode » Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:49 pm

I got this one, boys

Game Development: Machete Aphid

-Added underbrush to a number of biomes, thick foliage that slows movement unless cleared. spawns various critters and objects when cleared, similar to a leaf pile
-Added machete, metal melee weapon that is also used for clearing reeds, underbrush, and some crops
-Added aphids, food + curio bug that must be cleared off your crops regularly or they'll die.
The_Blode

Postby fishbro001 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Whats the difference between cattails and reeds, shouldn't it be the same thing?

The_Blode wrote:I got this one, boys

Game Development: Machete Aphid

-Added underbrush to a number of biomes, thick foliage that slows movement unless cleared. spawns various critters and objects when cleared, similar to a leaf pile
-Added machete, metal melee weapon that is also used for clearing reeds, underbrush, and some crops
-Added aphids, food + curio bug that must be cleared off your crops regularly or they'll die.

Good idea, I think they should also make it so during winter it would snow a lot to the point where you couldn't get out of your log cabin unless you shoveled the snow.
fishbro001

Postby The_Blode » Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:28 pm

fishbro001 wrote:Good idea, I think they should also make it so during winter it would snow a lot to the point where you couldn't get out of your log cabin unless you shoveled the snow.

Yeah, nice! Underbrush in spring and summer, leaves in fall (a break for hearthlings) and then deep snow in winter. We can be nice and not make snow shovel a different item, a normal shovel will work.
I think seatribe could use a pair of idea guys like us
The_Blode

Postby Reiber » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:58 am

[quote="fishbro001"]Whats the difference between cattails and reeds, shouldn't it be the same thing?

well tecnically cattail is an kind of reed, but cattail has soft"leavy" stemms, whereas true reed, has hard"wooden" ones, also cattail has become an rare sight these days, and grows in patches, while an reedbelt can and will span an entire river or lakeside, and has to be either decimated or cleared regualry, many species of fish and bird use the reedbelt as shelter from bigger predetors, like in warmer reagions mangrove roots,
Reiber

Postby ozbourne79 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:25 pm

DeltaDude2016 wrote:Is there a way to clear reeds faster? like a different tool or something?

they fixed it yesterday, now you can shift+click on them
ozbourne79

Return to How do I?