I screwed up big time, but I don't know how

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

I screwed up big time, but I don't know how

Postby harleyvitality » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:15 am

Hey everyone, I'm here posting to try and learn from whatever I did wrong. I had a claim on an island that was entirely walled off, and a guy had been harassing me for a while around there. He had never managed to get in my walls, and he never got a hold of any master keys or whatnot. I logged in earlier to find all my stuff and my hearths still exactly where I left them, but my claim was now entirely his claim. Nothing changed, except that the claim is now his. The only thing that comes to mind is maybe he picked all my locks, destroyed my claim, and then placed his own over it in less than 12 hours.

Any ideas? Pretty amusing to be honest, he got me good - just don't want to have it happen again.
harleyvitality

Re: I screwed up big time, but I don't know how

Postby waga » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:24 am

By walled off you mean a pali right ? not a shit fence or stone wall? :p
Also you're saying he haass you for a while, did he Ko'd you once ? he might have stole your bond.
speaking of which, it takes 4 irl days to study the bond for the bond to change ownership.
My money on you got Ko'd 4 days ago and he stole your bond.
waga

Postby harleyvitality » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:31 am

That must've been it, yeah. So next time, if I get KO'd and my bond is stolen, how do I stop this from happening? And yes, Pali wall. To clarify: yes, I'd say probably 4 days ago he KO'd me. I'm such a noob haha
harleyvitality

Postby waga » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:35 am

Renew bond is an option when you click your idol.
Sorry for your loss, I'm afraid it's time to move away to a less hostile area.
waga

Postby harleyvitality » Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:41 am

I accidentally set myself up (before scouting) between 7 localized resources within a 3minute trip...it definitely attracted way more attention than I was intending. Onwards to greener pastures!...or more doom :D

P.S. Thank you for the help. Could sit and whine, or can live and learn. This game isn't for the weak-minded :lol:
harleyvitality

Postby vatas » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:01 am

Getting KO'd and having your bond stolen is legitimate newbie trap, you get no notification whatsoever, you have to specifically notice that you don't have a bond in your inventory anymore and probably do a forum/wiki search to figure out what to do.

I remember post a world or two back where OP described how a camp where maybe 5 people lived was suddenly the property of whoever ganked their claim owner 4 days prior. (How is new player supposed to know you're supposed to make claim alt that rarely logs into the game and never leaves safety?)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby harleyvitality » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:21 am

Didn't even think of having a claim alt! Yet another lesson
harleyvitality

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:43 pm

I just want to chime in and say your persistence is inspiring. Good luck on your move and don't let yourself be disheartened!
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Nexit » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:50 pm

vatas wrote:How is new player supposed to know you're supposed to make claim alt that rarely logs into the game and never leaves safety?

honestly the bond item should just be removed and ownership managed through some other mechanic. there is no reason to hold onto your bond, and new players are the only ones keeping their bond on them, having it stolen, and being unaware that you have to renew it. the item's sole functionality is to vastly punish new players when getting robbed.
Nexit

Postby harleyvitality » Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:14 am

All your words are very kind and helpful. As we know, that tends to be a bit of a rarity in H&H xD It's amazing how many things there are to learn, but that's what makes it such a unique game. At least I had a short period of time where I owned an entire island :D 120k LP worth haha

Haven's big draw is that it is so open to whatever humanity you'd like to apply to the situation. I had tried communicating with the guy before he ended up with my claim, and it seems his main concern was if I was harvesting the localized resources (I wasn't, but no way to prove that without letting someone in).

Is there any OBVIOUS things a noob like me might want to watch out for in the world? I've read through most the guides and am somewhat knowledgeable in the basics of the game, but more like weird things such as the bond being stealable.
harleyvitality

Next

Return to How do I?