Taming problem

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Taming problem

Postby Gargot » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:20 am

I pinned 4 fresh animals yesterday at 9 pm to the hitching post, they all ran away, because after 4 am there was nothing. I left a wild boar with 55% tame strapped to a tree yesterday to be upholstered in the morning or when I come home from work today. He ran away too.
For the test for 2 days I have been keeping a horse which has 85% and it has only decreased by 10%.
What's the game about. Nothing escaped me at the start of the server, only in the winter and now this problem started in the spring.
Gargot

Re: Taming problem

Postby vatas » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:04 am

There was a long-standing bug that animal would despawn if they and the hitching post were in separate map grids. Most people (familiar with the game) made sure that their taming area was near the center of a map tile.

Devs said they likely fixed this issue, but recently there have been bug reports of animals despawning in the middle of the taming process, even when not near tile borders.

Did they fix the tile border bug but introduce something even worse? Maybe, impossible to know for sure.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Pills » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:40 am

The bug definitely got worse tbh, i've had several animals despawn while taming since that update
Pills

Postby Bearcub » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:28 am

Have the same issue - hitched animals disappeared from a temporary taming zone (didn't check the grid tho).
Bearcub

Postby Odynak » Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:38 pm

Yep. My hitching post is 30 tiles away from a grid. Two horses had disappeared.

This is sad. Five horses were all stallions and two disappeared now. Maybe, it is not a coincidence? Maybe, only females disappear? :D
Odynak

Postby Lurux » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:48 am

Same problem here, I have yet to tame a horse succesfully after 4 despawns in a row mid taming process
Lurux

Postby Gargot » Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:31 pm

I lost 8 animals while training 55% to 85% pinned to the hitching post. All of them were placed in a grid which is often used.
1 animal - a sheep that is far strapped to a tree is still standing.
Within 3h from 7pm until 10pm during this patch

this game is terrible i cant complete one q
Gargot

Return to How do I?