Extending a claim downwards

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Extending a claim downwards

Postby SilentWrangler » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:17 am

I'm approaching the stage of building a minehole, abd I'd like to know how to secure lower levels before I actually build it.
Is it even possible for a single personal claim to do that?
Will I have to build a village (that seems excessive for just two players)?
How much would the extension cost?
SilentWrangler

Re: Extending a claim downwards

Postby Fille » Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:19 am

Yes you will have to build a village. It's beneficial even if you are just two players because you get the ability to banner and claim further, but also your personal claim can no longer be declaimed by another village bannering over to you.

Think of it as future proofing, actually maintaining a village isn't that big of a deal unless you make a fuckhueg village claim, in which case; don't do that, that's dumb.
Gay mer
Fille

Postby lordgrunt » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:33 am

if you build village, you get 100x100 claim, to extend it down by the same 100x100 you'll need 4 banners, but with those 4, area on first cave level can be much bigger than 100 if you place banners properly. also, each further level down is just 1 banner ( or 4 again if you wanna go big, but its rarely needed).
And while setting up village claim takes LP, extending it via banners is free, aside of building materials.
lordgrunt

Postby Kyrex » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:08 pm

Note that you can also just make a second claim.
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Postby cb111 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:37 pm

You might also consider making an alt or two specifically to handle claims. Upkeep on a few small claims should be simple. +1 on creating a village. Even as a hermit it is extremely useful.
cb111

Postby Kyrex » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:03 am

Kyrex wrote:Note that you can also just make a second claim.

cb111 wrote:You might also consider making an alt or two specifically to handle claims. Upkeep on a few small claims should be simple. +1 on creating a village. Even as a hermit it is extremely useful.

Having said this, and nothing this other quote, while possible, it is icky. It would be nice if there were an alternative.
ImageImageImage
Kyrex

Return to How do I?