Cave-in, healing and other random questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Cave-in, healing and other random questions

Postby Broccolo » Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:25 pm

So, i dig a hole in the ground and start living in it until this wizard comes and ask me to bring a ring to a volcano or something...
joke aside i 'm kinda new to the game, i read the wiki now and than but it dosent always make sense to me, so if i say something stupid or incorrect, just be patient with me pls...

As i was sayng: i dig a hole and start mining... but i have some perplexity about cave-ins... i secure proof my hole with like 4/6 pillars and towercaps... than i mine in a point that was OUTSIDE their radius so, of course, there was a collapse... but that continued even inside the "supposed" safe zone of my pillars..and multiple times.. they are "kinda" new and cant have prevented more than 1 or 2 cave-in before that point ( attached picture show what i meant better). Is that a thing?

Also i get a lot of cave-ins elsewhere, also some animals attak me...so i know how to start healing my self...but why it take sooo long? There is timer on how fast Hp recover and wounds heals themself (when they can) ?

Why is so hard to find common metal? i know about rustroot but dont get to use them yet, and we really need just some bits of tin or lead... but (except founding some in abandoned compounds) i spent litterally 3 days mining and get K.O. without finding anything. I noticed that almost everycave have like a "protective " layer one have to mine first to see if there is something.. there is some method to know ate leat the "presence" in that cave of metal? like i dont know i keep seeing red roots and stange pile of green stuff with some cube shaped thing in it that i cannot interact with... is and indicator of some sort?

i read about credo's...it looks cool..since i can buy it now...i should do it? nevermind ijust DID, what i meant...was it stupid to do ?

i was going to ask more...but it slipped out of my mind for now...

im really sorry i didnt realize the picture was so big :(
Attachments
Cave-in.png
visual explanation
Cave-in.png (33.83 KiB) Viewed 931 times
Broccolo

Re: Cave-in, healing and other random questions

Postby vatas » Tue Feb 28, 2023 5:16 pm

Tiles that trigger cave-in are static and pre-generated. Supports only have the effect where triggers do not happen within their radius. Once the cave-in does trigger, it happens randomly around the tile regardless of supports. I think only thing modifying this is "Chance to localize cave-ins" -perk from Miner Credo.

Some wounds only heal when treated, and some wounds that slowly heal on their own can be treated to heal faster.

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Hitpoints#Wounds
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby telakaf » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:04 am

Broccolo wrote:So, i dig a hole in the ground and start living in it until this wizard comes and ask me to bring a ring to a volcano or something...
joke aside i 'm kinda new to the game, i read the wiki now and than but it dosent always make sense to me, so if i say something stupid or incorrect, just be patient with me pls...

As i was sayng: i dig a hole and start mining... but i have some perplexity about cave-ins... i secure proof my hole with like 4/6 pillars and towercaps... than i mine in a point that was OUTSIDE their radius so, of course, there was a collapse... but that continued even inside the "supposed" safe zone of my pillars..and multiple times.. they are "kinda" new and cant have prevented more than 1 or 2 cave-in before that point ( papa's burgeria attached picture show what i meant better). Is that a thing?

Also i get a lot of cave-ins elsewhere, also some animals attak me...so i know how to start healing my self...but why it take sooo long? There is timer on how fast Hp recover and wounds heals themself (when they can) ?

Why is so hard to find common metal? i know about rustroot but dont get to use them yet, and we really need just some bits of tin or lead... but (except founding some in abandoned compounds) i spent litterally 3 days mining and get K.O. without finding anything. I noticed that almost everycave have like a "protective " layer one have to mine first to see if there is something.. there is some method to know ate leat the "presence" in that cave of metal? like i dont know i keep seeing red roots and stange pile of green stuff with some cube shaped thing in it that i cannot interact with... is and indicator of some sort?

i read about credo's...it looks cool..since i can buy it now...i should do it? nevermind ijust DID, what i meant...was it stupid to do ?

i was going to ask more...but it slipped out of my mind for now...

im really sorry i didnt realize the picture was so big :(

Thanks! What is it called?
telakaf

Postby lordgrunt » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:28 am

another day, another bot
lordgrunt

Return to How do I?