Korund Impossible?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Korund Impossible?

Postby valeriesusanne » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:00 am

Couldn't find much about korund on the forum, but just to clarify - is it really this difficult to acquire?
With a 350 pickaxe and close to 800 strength, I "can't even mange to scratch that (what looks like korund) rock."
Just trying to drop the next level minehole. The korund is all I lack (except the pink brick, but I'm working on potter now)
I certainly don't expect to find any stones laying around this late in the game :roll:
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Re: Korund Impossible?

Postby bumfrog » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:01 am

lole i’ve found korund boulders before, just sitting around in the big natty caves

The truth is that mineral hardness is determined on a vein-by-vein basis. You might find it near impossible to mine an iron ochre vein in one spot, then find another one 100 tiles away that’s like butter. Korund is just another type of rock; it only occurs on deeper levels, but the same mechanics still apply.

All that to say, search elsewhere for better results, or else get guzzling that whale meat. Even on the same cave level you have a chance of finding significantly softer spots.

Out of curiosity, what level are you mining on? 800 strength is simply not very much at all, especially on the really deep ones.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby valeriesusanne » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:00 pm

Seven (trying for eight), it's the only level I've found with walls that look like korund, and all (many now) are "...can't even manage to scratch..."
No good reason, I just enjoy the spelunking :) Working on Mystic, then on to Cave Hermit, to play with the trolls :D
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby Fille » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:13 pm

If you use a client, you could simply Inspect the wall to verify it really is Korund before you go through a lot of hassle, this would be in Xtended if you use Enders. Further, to bridge the gap in your stats you should improve your equipment, it'll help a lot.
Gay mer
Fille

Postby trunneljaialai » Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:31 am

If you're using Enders, you can Inspect the wall to make sure it's Korund before going to a lot of trouble. This would be done in Xtendedblob opera
trunneljaialai

Postby Welove » Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:53 am

valeriesusanne wrote:Couldn't find much about korund on the forum, but just to clarify - is it really this difficult to acquire?
With a 350 pickaxe and close to 800 strength geometry dash, I "can't even mange to scratch that (what looks like korund) rock."
Just trying to drop the next level minehole. The korund is all I lack (except the pink brick, but I'm working on potter now)
I certainly don't expect to find any stones laying around this late in the game :roll:

It is possible that the korund rock you are trying to mine requires a higher level pickaxe or more strength than what you currently have. It's also possible that there is a bug in the game that is preventing you from mining the korund.
Welove

Return to How do I?