Realm chat commands

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Realm chat commands

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:25 pm

I won't use this feature, but here's some feedback:

Are muted/renamed players saved serverside? clientside? is it character specific? account specific?

When I mute someone, it doesn't even tell me that I muted them successfully. It just throws the error if I used the command wrong. I guess I can see if it worked when I rename someone, cause I instantly see it.

Is there a way to check who I renamed or muted?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Agrik » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:33 pm

loftar wrote:If a username is particularly hard or impossible to type, you can always address the user of the last sent message with the empty string, which would be specified as "". So if you want to mute someone whose name you can't type, just wait until he types something and do /mute "".

I've seen a very useful feature in one MMORPG of Chinese origin: a "copy the name" context menu item. It is placed among other usual items in a usual context menu that's brought up with a right click on a someone's name in the chat window, in the friend list, on your target's portrait, on your party member's icon, &c.

It's hard to overestimate its usefulness when the game allows a multitude of Unicode characters in names. Well, when the names are limited to a single alphabet of the target audience, you can rely on ability to retype the name, not so much in the case of Unicode freedom when you at times hardly can even guess what the ... you're seeing in what category such symbol may be.

May be better than half-blindly shooting "the last speaker" in the crowd.
Agrik

Postby noindyfikator » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:43 pm

Nightdawg wrote:I won't use this feature, but here's some feedback:

Are muted/renamed players saved serverside? clientside? is it character specific? account specific?

When I mute someone, it doesn't even tell me that I muted them successfully. It just throws the error if I used the command wrong. I guess I can see if it worked when I rename someone, cause I instantly see it.

Is there a way to check who I renamed or muted?

Sounds like custom client feature
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Previous

Return to How do I?