Wild Tuber

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Wild Tuber

Postby rogeranna » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:13 pm

Ok, so I just harvested my wild tuber and its still a wild tuber. I assumed that, once they were planted and harvested, they would have turned into something domesticated. However, when harvested, they were higher q but they were still wild tubers. I don't know how this is supposed to work. I thought maybe drying them on a rack or putting them in a kiln or something would work almost the same as putting a www on a drying rack but nothing seemed to work. Has anyone figured this out yet? Help!
rogeranna

Re: Wild Tuber

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:19 pm

Look up how garlic works in Salem, I figure it's probably that. Just a low% chance for domesticity.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby rogeranna » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:28 pm

I harvested 12, so that would be a really low chance. You'd have to plant a shit ton to get anything. I just replanted some more, so maybe I just have to wait. WWW's would be way faster!
rogeranna

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:31 pm

rogeranna wrote:I harvested 12, so that would be a really low chance. You'd have to plant a shit ton to get anything. I just replanted some more, so maybe I just have to wait. WWW's would be way faster!

Yeah, I'm expecting something like 1% if I know these guys at all
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby rogeranna » Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:33 pm

Hopefully all the plants won't be that low. It might be world 16 before anybody gets any seeds! lol
rogeranna

Postby Burzan » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:25 am

Not sure about that theory, I've done 132 harvests (after planting) and nothing, it might take repeated harvests to domesticate.
Burzan

Postby mrM » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:29 pm

i suspect it may have something to do with farmer credo. or domestication requires bee skep ( if there is a wild form of wheat for straw , which i have not found personally )
World 7 : hermit
World 12-14 : hermit
World 15 : hermit
mrM

Postby Sevenless » Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:34 pm

mrM wrote:i suspect it may have something to do with farmer credo. or domestication requires bee skep ( if there is a wild form of wheat for straw , which i have not found personally )

Corn grass gives straw.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby rogeranna » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:38 pm

mrM wrote:i suspect it may have something to do with farmer credo. or domestication requires bee skep ( if there is a wild form of wheat for straw , which i have not found personally )

That makes sense!
rogeranna

Postby Skrain » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:37 pm

What kind of biomes are people finding wild crops on? I've found corn grass on Dry Flats, and Wild tubers in I think it was blackwood, but i'm looking for onions and other stuff now, no luck so far.
Skrain

Next

Return to How do I?