W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Postby Sevenless » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:09 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Took me about 16hrs and 1200 data points of work. Hope it's helpful.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65074#p823917

Logic/indepth on how the system work in depth written 3 worlds ago if anyone's interested in a longer discussion.
Last edited by Sevenless on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Re: W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet

Postby Joe69 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:12 pm

Very nice thanks for the share Sevenless
I fully look forward to jorb and loftar fixing several mechanics and bringing back updates, because at that time you chuckleheads are going to be more marginalized than lawn furniture in winter.
Joe69

Postby Halbertz » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:13 pm

Great job!
Halbertz

Postby vatas » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:58 am

This may be just RNG, but I remember reading a tip which says that the right number (chance to bite) matters much more than the left one, and that sometimes I hit a spot where 40% chance (combination of left and right) seems to work basically every time.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Granny » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 am

Thanks for sharing Sevenless! Very nice of you.
Granny

Postby Robertzon » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:44 am

Thank you and may god bless you, Sevenless!
Robertzon

Postby Sevenless » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:30 am

vatas wrote:This may be just RNG, but I remember reading a tip which says that the right number (chance to bite) matters much more than the left one, and that sometimes I hit a spot where 40% chance (combination of left and right) seems to work basically every time.

The right number is 100% set by the lure you're using. The trout example shows that the only "common" lure they will ever get 100% on is the Copper Comet. The left number has a lot of factors and includes node density which can be a real pain in the ass.

Long run though, you're aiming to use one of these combos and find a spot where the left number is 50% or higher. That lets you mass produce fish for consumption through either drying or spitroasting. It's incredibly powerful early game, late game it's a high effort variety food.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Zixxa » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:37 pm

Hey, thanks. Figuring these were pain always, having all answers suddenly makes it more relaxing.

Moon phases and time of clock also affect, so you can not find fish at one spot at night, but will at day. Or you won't. There's probably also other secrets (some combinations which always result in loss of lure), but i still didn't figure if it's intended or it's just bad RNG.
Zixxa

Postby Sevenless » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:54 pm

Zixxa wrote:Hey, thanks. Figuring these were pain always, having all answers suddenly makes it more relaxing.

Moon phases and time of clock also affect, so you can not find fish at one spot at night, but will at day. Or you won't. There's probably also other secrets (some combinations which always result in loss of lure), but i still didn't figure if it's intended or it's just bad RNG.

Some fish I mentally refer to as "rare" because they're particularly sensitive to time factors (I briefly referred to this existing in the sheet). Eel are a good example of one of those, but another are the cave fish. They prefer noon or midnight depending on the fish (which I find pretty funny).

The fisherman's request magic fucking destroys lures and is pointless as a result. You're right that some condition results in a lot of broken lures, but I've not tested it. I do know that I've noticed "low catch chance = broken lure", but that might be "lures that don't have 100% land chance break when failing to catch". Seems plausible, but I won't be testing it this world probably.

The Art of Herding
Sevenless

Postby Fostik » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:06 pm

Good one, thanks a lot!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Next

Return to How do I?