W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet

Postby fulma » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:18 am

sevenless? more like selfless
fulma

Postby 26dollar » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:40 am

no zope? i got 100% zope with pinecone plug and shoreline
26dollar

Postby Reiber » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:21 am

Zixxa wrote:Hey, thanks. Figuring these were pain always, having all answers suddenly makes it more relaxing.

Moon phases and time of clock also affect, so you can not find fish at one spot at night, but will at day. Or you won't. There's probably also other secrets (some combinations which always result in loss of lure), but i still didn't figure if it's intended or it's just bad RNG.

aside from monphases and seasons, fish nodes tend to "pulsate" sometimes an neigbouring fishnode may reach an part of the lake, and another time you can only fish zander in 2 tiles like its feebas,

this is incredibly prevalent with cavefish, resulting in bodys of water having no fish at all, an abundance of only cave lycant, or 4 different types of fish, depending on when you go check,

lure loss is directly connected to the fishnode +rng same as your trash chances,
for example, an node of abundant pale ghostfish, will still only result in an fish every 3-5 baits used because its an "rare fish" , even though your bite chance is high af your catch chance is low, since you rarely fail the bite, but regulary fail catch chances, you will be swimming in trash before your first hook breaks,

equipment breaks other than bait are basically crifails, and mostly occur when you have an bad bite chance,

same goes for lure fishing, if you have an 100% bite and catchrate you can use the same lure for dozens of stockpiles of fish before you roll an nat1, and loose your line,

request for an catch mostly just increases fishing speed, wich amplevies the effect, never use it on an low density node, like when people try to force an specific cavefish for creedo.
Reiber

Postby bop-owl » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:05 am

I've been having a hard time finding whiting for my credo
I tried using bonehook +macarbe +rock lobster like the screenshot suggested
the only node i found them at (I raised my surv and will to see 4 fish) i have 100% chance to land and 0 percent chance for bite
I'm not sure what to do?
is it just node selection? do I need to check 500 other nodes? should i try a hook that isn't bone? should i give up on rocklobster macarbe? I tried other lines in that spot and also got 0 percent bite chance.
bop-owl

Postby Sevenless » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:58 pm

bop-owl wrote:I've been having a hard time finding whiting for my credo
I tried using bonehook +macarbe +rock lobster like the screenshot suggested
the only node i found them at (I raised my surv and will to see 4 fish) i have 100% chance to land and 0 percent chance for bite
I'm not sure what to do?
is it just node selection? do I need to check 500 other nodes? should i try a hook that isn't bone? should i give up on rocklobster macarbe? I tried other lines in that spot and also got 0 percent bite chance.

0% bite => you don't have a node.

You just keep boating ocean spot to ocean spot until you find a node with it. If you're early in the fisher credo, missing the "rare fish catch chance", you can be kinda screwed. An 80% catch chance node for my finished fisher credo was 20% for my friend just starting fisher. Same lure and tile.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Previous

Return to How do I?