Armor repair

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Armor repair

Postby Dulot » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:09 am

Hello everyone. Who can tell a beginner how to repair armor? Have you seriously made it so that in a game with a claim to realism, old armor is thrown into the river?
I hope I made a mistake and didn't notice the obvious. Thanks
Dulot

Re: Armor repair

Postby Aerona » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:22 am

What claim to realism are you talking about?

Armour can be recycled if it's gilded and the gildings match, this produces from two old sets (including disabled sets) a new set with the average quality of each, and sometimes an extra gilding slot. Armour used to be simply destroyed when its durability ran out, this was changed to enable recycling. Armour that can't be gilded can't be repaired this way yet, but that should either be implemented or those armours should just be destroyed, it seems that a side consequence of this change was that worn-down, non-recyclable armour that does nothing but take up space entered the game.
Aerona

Postby Dulot » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:27 am

Aerona wrote:What claim to realism are you talking about?

Armour can be recycled if it's gilded and the gildings match, this produces from two old sets (including disabled sets) a new set with the average quality of each, and sometimes an extra gilding slot. Armour used to be simply destroyed when its durability ran out, this was changed to enable recycling. Armour that can't be gilded can't be repaired this way yet, but that should either be implemented or those armours should just be destroyed, it seems that a side consequence of this change was that worn-down, non-recyclable armour that does nothing but take up space entered the game.

It looks like you confirmed my fears, I was talking about armor, not clothes. Under current conditions, broken armor cannot be repaired with loss of armor quality. And you need to throw it away. It's so stupid. Thanks for the help
Dulot

Postby Aerona » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:42 am

Armour and clothes are not fully distinct. Some armours are gildable, and some clothes provide armour.
Aerona

Postby Dulot » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:47 am

Aerona wrote:Armour and clothes are not fully distinct. Some armours are gildable, and some clothes provide armour.

Well of course...but armor is armor. A bronze cuirass, for example, a raider's armor. Why they cannot be repaired is unclear. Well, we have what we have.

Thanks again
Dulot

Postby landreaum » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:18 am

Dulot wrote:
Aerona wrote:Armour and clothes are not fully distinct. Some armours are gildable, and some clothes provide armour.

Well of course...but armor is armor. A bronze cuirass, for example, a raider's armor. Why they cannot be repaired is unclear. Well, we have what we have.

Thanks again

Probably so that the "Raiders" can't just infinitely repair their armour as they attack you? Maybe putting a cool down on armour repair to prevent this? One piece of armour can't be repaired more than once per 24 hours?
landreaum

Postby Dulot » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:52 am

I have an opinion that raiders are those who do not even remember the strength of armor. If there are more of them than you, they will take away your armor anyway, and what they can't take away, they will throw away, just because they can. The lack of repairs prevents not raiders, but first ordinary hunters \ miners. And about repairs in 24 hours, this is generally a clinic.
Dulot

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:14 am

landreaum wrote:
Dulot wrote:

Thanks again

Probably so that the "Raiders" can't just infinitely repair their armour as they attack you? Maybe putting a cool down on armour repair to prevent this? One piece of armour can't be repaired more than once per 24 hours?

Honestly just slap a prevention on repair in combat and make it an action, that takes a while, on the anvil and using a hammer. Then you can't really do it mid combat, and for the sake of argument, rn you can tp ahead with thingwalls and just drop armor on the ground in front of the chased players.
Also armor breaking mid fight is rarely a problem if everyone is using 0 wear armor, the issue arises when you can either use a 30-50% armor and risk it breaking, or get a new one and leave that 50% to rot in cupboard for some alt.
Having an option to repair would make for much less grindy experience, especially for early game armors like the leather ones/bat capes/badger vests/shields that basically break every 2-3 taming sessions (Depending on the amount of players), late game armor barely breaks anyways and if you get KO'd you lose it so who cares, at least you could repair it after hunting.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby azrid » Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:58 am

Perishable armor means we have a metal sink which increases value of high quality metal production.
They promised repairs but decided against it few worlds later.

I think it worked out fine. People who don't know about game economy will of course ask for everything to be easier for them.

azrid

Postby Dulot » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:09 am

azrid wrote:Perishable armor means we have a metal sink which increases value of high quality metal production.
They promised repairs but decided against it few worlds later.

I think it worked out fine. People who don't know about game economy will of course ask for everything to be easier for them.

Value? Players simply throw "expensive armor" under their feet instead of repairing it. Do you want to make a value - is not the best option with the price of crafting. triple the number of resources for example. Or combine: a bronze breastplate is a raider's armor and bronze ingots. Well, in that way. Well, repair: bronze, glue, thread, taking into account the quality. And just throw it away, I'm still in shock.
Dulot

Next

Return to How do I?