Armor repair

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: Armor repair

Postby azrid » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:44 am

Yes there is value in armors that break.
It creates demand for more high quality materials to craft new armor.
More valuable items means more things you can trade.

Maybe you don't understand why trading is healthy for the game.
azrid

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:23 pm

Amor is dirt cheap, especially the early ones that actually break often up to bronze plate, steel armor is actually kinda expensive/tedious (steelmaking sucks, especially at -3), but, it has so much wear that you probably won't need a new one until you get an upgrade. Saying that me having to replace my leather garbage + shield every day because i'm on taming duty during the first week will somehow affect armor value is insane, just let me patch that shit up with some material, nobody said that armor should be free to repair or that repair material ql shouldn't affect the resulting armor ql. I'd much rather slap a bronze bar or three on a chestplate to get it from half to full instead of making a new one, thus wasting that 50%.

Also trading for armor and gear is a skill issue.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby Dulot » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:30 pm

Dawidio123 wrote:Amor is dirt cheap, especially the early ones that actually break often up to bronze plate, steel armor is actually kinda expensive/tedious (steelmaking sucks, especially at -3), but, it has so much wear that you probably won't need a new one until you get an upgrade. Saying that me having to replace my leather garbage + shield every day because i'm on taming duty during the first week will somehow affect armor value is insane, just let me patch that shit up with some material, nobody said that armor should be free to repair or that repair material ql shouldn't affect the resulting armor ql. I'd much rather slap a bronze bar or three on a chestplate to get it from half to full instead of making a new one, thus wasting that 50%.

Also trading for armor and gear is a skill issue.

I give this gentleman a plus. I'm not talking about steel, but at least let me fix the initial armor, it won't affect anything except comfort
Dulot

Postby Aerona » Thu Oct 26, 2023 3:01 pm

Yeah, I'd just like the same recycle mechanic on gildable equipment to work on non-gildable equipment, too. Not to give it a slot, but just so broken items can be used to repair wearable items of the same type.
Aerona

Postby Reiber » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:40 pm

azrid wrote:Perishable armor means we have a metal sink which increases value of high quality metal production.
They promised repairs but decided against it few worlds later.

I think it worked out fine. People who don't know about game economy will of course ask for everything to be easier for them.

but your high q steel armour dosnt break, and if it does you probbably are 1-2 steel cycles higher already, and would have swapped for an new set anyway,

the things breaking and being unusable are mostly early armour, and shields as they take full damage if you are not wearing other armour,
leather pants ,boots and armour, batwings, and already unusable hardleather/wrought shit
once your bronze isnt full on dogshit q anymore your armour probbably survives long enought to be replaced by better bronze already
Reiber

Postby azrid » Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:02 pm

They should never get rid of universal material sinks.
Resources are currency in Haven.
Skill issue is not having materials for replacing your gear.
Either stop taming 50 animals at once or find more leather.
You are allowed to trade with others for raw materials if you are a shitter.
azrid

Postby Reiber » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:07 am

azrid wrote:They should never get rid of universal material sinks.
Resources are currency in Haven.
Skill issue is not having materials for replacing your gear.
Either stop taming 50 animals at once or find more leather.
You are allowed to trade with others for raw materials if you are a shitter.

with leather it isnt about value even, if you have the leather to make yourself armour that breaks every second fight you punch enough animals to make the leather for it, wich just results in you punching more animals to get more leather to punch more animals,
there isnt an recource sink here, because that stops being an thing around whenever you reach lvl2 , it just increases the tedium, and means you have to build and fill more tubs,

not only that, but it is ultimately identically to just letting me use leather to repair my existing armour, minus the strings, and hoping the guy with sewing is online,
the only real difference is that i dont have useless broken armour to throw intoo the river, for somebody to fish up later.
Reiber

Postby azrid » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:06 am

You don't fight animals for hide only so your argument falls flat there.
azrid

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:00 pm

Your don't even have an argument, materials are not a problem, having to make a new leather armor every couple of fights is just annoying. Either i ask my crafter to bulk craft me 10 leather sets (Arguably expensive to craft at once, but pretty cheap over the first week when you use leather armor), or i have to annoy him every day to make me new armor.
Like what's your problem with repairs with a material cost roughly equal to the new craft cost just without wasting the remaining wear? Really idc about materials, i only care about having to annoy someone to make me new armor (And usually wait so they can come back from whatever they are doing), and having to waste like 30% of wear on each piece. Allowing people to repair their own shit with some materials would make it so much less annoying for faction crafters.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby azrid » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Read my posts again brainlet.
Your new argument is equally bad.
You are trying to diminish your group's crafter's value.

Why don't we let everyone craft everything no crafting stats or skills needed and reduce material cost for everything! Hurray!

Early game limitations are good to stop murderhobos from ruining the game.
azrid

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?