Where and how do I find 'sunstone'?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Where and how do I find 'sunstone'?

Postby squeezy102 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:50 pm

Wiki seems to say it can only be found at cave levels 5 or below. I'm not sure how true that is, because I seem to recall having a knarr on a previous world before we had ever dug that deep.

Also, is there a general strategic approach to finding the stone? Or is it more of a "you just got lucky" kind of thing?

Any and all info would be appreciated.

The issue I'm having with this is that it seems we are landlocked, surrounded by ocean on all sides. We've made a few attempts at pushing the limits of our rowboats to reach out into the deep ocean to find an adjacent continent to move to, but it seems we're kinda stuck on the spawn island until we can cross deep ocean.

If it is the case that we can't get sunstone until cave level 5, we might need to rethink some of our current strategy.
squeezy102

Re: Where and how do I find 'sunstone'?

Postby Halbertz » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:56 pm

squeezy102 wrote:rethink some of our current strategy.

You might consider such things like snekkja or even whirpool.
Halbertz

Re: Where and how do I find 'sunstone'?

Postby Luno » Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:58 pm

Yes, you find sunstones at around level 5. The reason you made knarrs earlier in previous world is because the sunstone(and its requirement for knarrs) are a thing added last world.
Also, you could just make a snekkja. That takes hard metal now, but you can get that earlier than sunstone.
Luno

Return to How do I?