Deep cut healing by infection

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Deep cut healing by infection

Postby cecil01 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:03 am

I had a deep cut worth 4 points which i neglected healing.
I went into a swamp and accidentally walked thru one tile before getting into a dugout, and the cut immediately got infected.
That pissed me off considerably and i was already thinking it was over, I'll be having a wound until i get soap, and logged off, with energy above healing but not in a bed or anything.
When i came back after around 12 or so hours, the wound was gone. Which shouldn't be possible since deep cuts don't heal naturally.
Is this some kind of bug or exploit or did i just get lucky?
cecil01

Re: Deep cut healing by infection

Postby vatas » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:10 am

It used to be that you could simply turn wounds into infected sores and then immediately wash them off with soap.

Devs addressed this by adding support for Wounds to have "subwounds" like infection, and treatments were also changed to use the same system.

You've possibly run into some kind of bug, though I have no idea what kind of spaghetti would cause this I just remember that allegedly Infected Sore has a chance to not only make the wound bigger, but also SMALLER. This resulted in the nonsensical situation where infection basically healed the wound (albeit through some lucky RNG.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Necrisha » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:14 am

That's infection RNG. it doesn't happen often, but sometimes you get lucky.
Necrisha

Postby Procne » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:45 am

I'll only add that soap is not the only way to deal with infections. Ant paste can be used as well: https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Ant_Paste
The downside is that ant paste adds another wound for about 15 hp, which heals on its own
Procne

Postby Reiber » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:46 pm

thats how infection works, its an gamble and only really works on small wounds,
Reiber

Return to How do I?