How to work with a fishing net

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How to work with a fishing net

Postby efecto_dopler » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:29 am

Hello everybody,

I've crafted a fishing net and I tried to use into deep water near to fishes but when I picked back I didnt see any fish.

How many time the net need to obtain fishes?

Help please :)
efecto_dopler

Re: How to work with a fishing net

Postby lordgrunt » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:30 am

Give it a week. Or if the spot is plentiful, try in 2-3 days
lordgrunt

Postby Reiber » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:36 pm

basically , it rolls every hour to catch an fish.
if there are fish inside already. each of those fish also rolls to escape once an hour,

realistically speaking you will only ever have 1-2 fishes in an net after 2 houres or more,
if your net isnt claimed, it will be stolen , moved , pilfered through or destroyed, even with an claim on water that happens really,

dont use nets and crabpods, it was an neat idea, but it just isnt executed right,
Reiber

Postby Joe69 » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:31 pm

they need to scrap the escape part of fishing nets to make them half decent.
I fully look forward to jorb and loftar fixing several mechanics and bringing back updates, because at that time you chuckleheads are going to be more marginalized than lawn furniture in winter.
Joe69

Postby efecto_dopler » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:37 pm

Thanks for replies!
efecto_dopler

Postby Reiber » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:43 pm

Joe69 wrote:they need to scrap the escape part of fishing nets to make them half decent.

there is more to it really,
the nature of nets as pickable items, and the ease on wich players move on water makes them only really usable on inland lakes, or if you have an larp fisher hut out on the ocean,

the escaping part is stupid yes, but even if they would just fill up over the course of 24 hours, the speed and efficiency at wich you can just baitfish, or even get specific fish if you know your way around lurefishing makes them pretty useless, as you still need to go on the water to pick them up, and could proppably fill your inventory with pike in the time it takes to furl in 3 nets.

crab pots have all of the above problems, plus the fact that you need bait to use them, and the fact that you can just go to your nearest spawning pool and pick up 30 crabs/lobsters,

not even beginning to delve intoo the insanity that is looking for crab nodes through pots,
Reiber

Postby DauntlessGolem » Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:52 pm

Reiber wrote:
Joe69 wrote:they need to scrap the escape part of fishing nets to make them half decent.

there is more to it really,
the nature of nets as pickable items, and the ease on wich players move on water makes them only really usable on inland lakes, or if you have an larp fisher hut out on the ocean,

the escaping part is stupid yes, but even if they would just fill up over the course of 24 hours, the speed and efficiency at wich you can just baitfish, or even get specific fish if you know your way around lurefishing makes them pretty useless, as you still need to go on the water to pick them up, and could proppably fill your inventory with pike in the time it takes to furl in 3 nets.

I think if the escaping part is removed they would still fill a niche of being able to put up the nets, log-out, and then when you log back in, there will be some fish waiting for you. It would be some nice QoL but they are super useless right now.
Agame wrote:Gorgeous, practical, common-sense idea. They will talk about bots and will not implement it because it is brilliant.

+1, not that it will matter anyway.

jorb wrote:@ OP: Terrible idea. Just run a bot doing that.
DauntlessGolem

Return to How do I?