How do I trellis?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

How do I trellis?

Postby Aerysette » Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:21 am

I can't harvest my peas. I checked the wiki but I'm not sure if it's up-to-date because I tried harvesting from one end of the trellis and still can't do it. I tried from both horizontal sides and that didn't work. I can't reach the other end of the trellis because it's up against palisade at the moment. If that's the one side I have to harvest from I am never growing a trellis crop again out of pure spite.

What's the proper way to set up the trellis if I want a row of them? If you have a pic of your trellis setup I'd love to see it. Ty

edit: i broke the trellis and then harvested the peas. Is this the intended way?
Aerysette

Re: How do I trellis?

Postby Reiber » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:01 am

Aerysette wrote:
edit: i broke the trellis and then harvested the peas. Is this the intended way?

wait, that works? can i plant whine and walk through my hedge?

yo have to put the trellis on the far side from the direction you intend to harvest, you need to be slightly farther away from the trellis than 1 tile to harvest it, so an trellis that stands exactly 1 tile away from an object cant be harvested from that direction,

the exeption is the scythe, it has an aoe harvest radius, and can harvest crops that you normally wouldnt be able to reach, aslong as they get hit by the aoe,
Attachments
Untitled.png
picasso i like it
Untitled.png (15.83 KiB) Viewed 342 times
Last edited by Reiber on Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reiber

Postby Audiosmurf » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:07 am

Aerysette wrote:I can't harvest my peas. I checked the wiki but I'm not sure if it's up-to-date because I tried harvesting from one end of the trellis and still can't do it. I tried from both horizontal sides and that didn't work. I can't reach the other end of the trellis because it's up against palisade at the moment. If that's the one side I have to harvest from I am never growing a trellis crop again out of pure spite.

What's the proper way to set up the trellis if I want a row of them? If you have a pic of your trellis setup I'd love to see it. Ty

I have no idea how you could possibly make a trellis unharvestable without somehow managing to clip it inside another object
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Aerysette » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:40 am

Reiber wrote:
Aerysette wrote:

wait, that works? can i plant whine and walk through my hedge?

yo have to put the trellis on the far side from the direction you intend to harvest, you need to be slightly farther away from the trellis than 1 tile to harvest it, so an trellis that stands exactly 1 tile away from an object cant be harvested from that direction,

the exeption is the scythe, it has an aoe harvest radius, and can harvest crops that you normally wouldnt be able to reach, aslong as they get hit by the aoe,

Yeah I broke it and the peas remained unscathed thankfully. And! thank you for the drawing it is lovely and i will cherish it. I will try this layout to the best of my ability.

Audiosmurf wrote:I have no idea how you could possibly make a trellis unharvestable without somehow managing to clip it inside another object

Idunno how I did it but I did indeed do it. Couldn't harvest from 3 open sides (final side was against pali). shrugs

---------

edit: this works? or need more space?

trellisq.jpg
trellisq.jpg (144.32 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Aerysette

Postby Sevenless » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:17 am

I have had issues with trellis harvesting if there are multiple directions of trellis built on the same tile. Direction being the direction the construction sign faces.

Probably something to do with the pathing being wonked up by it?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Reiber » Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:49 pm

[quote="Aerysette"][/quote]

you should be able to havest them from the outsides
Reiber