Taming questions

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Taming questions

Postby captainmorgan » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:57 pm

If I get knocked out during taming, is there any way to recover the animal or is there nothing I can do?

Can multiple people attach the animal at once during taming or is it a solo endeavour?
captainmorgan

Re: Taming questions

Postby Halbertz » Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:52 pm

Can multiple people attach the animal at once during taming

Yes
Halbertz

Postby nevera » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:37 am

put on some leather armor. get your UA to 30-40. spam punch and lower your openings when they go above 40. dont forget to tick the two swords to peaceful.
this method works for me, i hardly take damage. you can get a friend to punch with you too, it will make it much easier. they can do it at 1 UA since you are increasing the opening on the animal. just remind them to also tick the two swords
nevera

Postby riker88 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:40 am

I did this 2 worlds ago , but every battle seemed to destroy a set of leather armor, any solutions to that?
riker88

Postby Aerysette » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:25 am

riker88 wrote:I did this 2 worlds ago , but every battle seemed to destroy a set of leather armor, any solutions to that?

aside from having higher stats so you're faster and more effective at fighting (higher agi I believe gets you more attacks in b4 your target can strike back), not really. I'm pretty new to the game and accepted that taming is simply just pointlessly annoying. Why must we brawl an animal to tame them? It's so dumb and makes no sense.
Aerysette

Postby Mortis123 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:53 pm

Maybe someone can throw some good and fresh tips and tricks how to make it easier? I'm playing with my friend and I'm asking myself where to start taming animals. My goal are especially horses and I think it's obvious why. Some guy told me to aggro a horse using an alt and then spam punch on 4 characters (me + my alt & my friend + his alt) using alt-tab > punch > alt-tab > punch. Maybe it can work but this can be dangerous too.

I know that there are some cheesing strategy using a palisade but I don't know the details.

Cheers to all.
Mortis123

Postby mrM » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:19 am

Mortis123 wrote: spam punch on 4 characters (me + my alt & my friend + his alt) using alt-tab > punch > alt-tab > punch.

this works just fine, however you will have an easier time if all characters have sideswipe ( you can learn from bats) and flint knife, ceramic knife, tinker axe, ect. shield up with a shield is a must. if you want to practice try taming a few mouflon. once you can do that easily move on to horses -> goats -> aurochs -> boars. just be careful not to kill them, look up the hitpoints on the wiki and once you are close slow down, maybe only have 1 alt attack
World 7 : hermit
World 12-14 : hermit
World 15 : hermit
mrM

Postby WESKERBOY » Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:45 am

Aerysette wrote:
riker88 wrote:I did this 2 worlds ago , but every battle seemed to destroy a set of leather armor, any solutions to that?

aside from having higher stats so you're faster and more effective at fighting (higher agi I believe gets you more attacks in b4 your target can strike back), not really. I'm pretty new to the game and accepted that taming is simply just pointlessly annoying. Why must we brawl an animal to tame them? It's so dumb and makes no sense.

You show him who is in charge by beating the shit out of them
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby ascote » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:37 am

Aerysette wrote:

Still better than ark where you have to beat the animal, drug it and keep feeding it for up to 21 hours with your friends alternating

That being said, you can find some of the scummier tactics on youtube. Easier to watch the video than to read the explanations.
ascote

Postby riker88 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:35 am

Other issue is animals with armor like the pigs, need to have 85+ in openings to do even a few points of damage with 50 UA as the punches don't seem to penetrate.

Sheep is easy, but for pigs I've found i really need a weapon to get that HP down 250 points or so before they surrender.
riker88

Next

Return to How do I?