How do I go it alone?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: How do I go it alone?

Postby gravesmerch » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:06 pm

wardrobe indeed, i have noob sets for sewing, carpentry, exploration, later you can add a disposable full set for leaving base

The_Blode wrote: I've seen 4 ore this world so far total and I either don't understand prospecting or am being fucked over by it

couple worlds devs turned Bronze into hermit wall... Wine glance is too rare for prospecting alone, you either go lvl3 for better chances but then hardness is a thing, so you eventually trade with big groups for a pickaxe as a last resort
gravesmerch

Postby ascote » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:16 pm

Uh... first tip, don't expand content too far otherwise your game will become a chore. With the exception of a claim and a palisade, avoid going for what needs to be done and go for what you want to do, what's fun. Game has far too many interdependent activities that will lock you out of life if your priority is what you need to advance your character. Try some fishing, try some mining, do some hunting, some gathering. I would suggest some moderation when it comes to animal husbandry and silk farming, those activities will burn you fast.
ascote

Postby mrM » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:47 pm

gravesmerch wrote:couple worlds devs turned Bronze into hermit wall... Wine glance is too rare for prospecting alone, you either go lvl3 for better chances but then hardness is a thing, so you eventually trade with big groups for a pickaxe as a last resort

An observation from mining in 2 different level 2 mines in opposite parts of the map:

Wine glance seems to group in smaller clusters more spread out this world. So it should be easier to find, but you won't find a lot of it in one node (make sure to mine song when you find some initially). This favors random spot checking in a cave system rather than strip mining. Hopefully your level 2 mine is connected to a cave or you might be out of luck. I spent 30-40 lead bars strip mining until i found a cave on L2 myself. Good luck
World 7 : hermit
World 12-14 : hermit
World 15 : hermit
mrM

Postby Aerona » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:31 am

Wine glance seems incredibly rare, I've found enough lead and tin to pave my entire claim with them but I still don't have access to bronze. I think it's safe to say at this point that hard metal is not something anyone can take for granted until and unless they get lucky. Trading could be a way out.
Aerona

Postby Miss_Min » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:14 am

Aerona wrote:Wine glance seems incredibly rare, I've found enough lead and tin to pave my entire claim with them but I still don't have access to bronze. I think it's safe to say at this point that hard metal is not something anyone can take for granted until and unless they get lucky. Trading could be a way out.

You do know that wine glance is only on L2 and lower, yes? you're not going to find it without a minehole.
Miss_Min

Postby Aerona » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:54 am

I've heard that, yes, but a mine hole isn't required to detect what's on level 2. Level 1 is accessible from the surface and Rustroot detects ore on the level below. About half of the ore I've found has been on level 1 and half on level 2, but it's mostly lead and tin otherwise either way.
Aerona

Previous

Return to How do I?