A question regarding alts.

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

A question regarding alts.

Postby MadNomad » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:16 pm

In the past I used to have many alts for many purposes that I needed, but now things are not as easy as they used to be

So what do you think? Is it still a good idea to have alts?
MadNomad

Re: A question regarding alts.

Postby Halbertz » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:18 pm

MadNomad wrote:In the past I used to have many alts for many purposes that I needed, but now things are not as easy as they used to be

So what do you think? Is it still a good idea to have alts?

No you should kill yourself (and gain stats). yes, you need at least crafter alt with tailor to have decent equip
Halbertz

Postby MadNomad » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:20 pm

yeah, but tailor isn't everything, there are many other needs to consider

or I could just keep playing with one hearthling
MadNomad

Postby ascote » Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:34 am

I would keep a single alt to do risky stuff or stuff when your main is too damaged to go around.
ascote

Postby Aerona » Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:24 am

There can be roles for extra hearthlings on the same account, none of them needs to be a "main character". If someone has four hearthlings, for example, one could explore, forage, and scout out locations, one could hunt, dig, and mine, one could do domestic chores like cooking, farming, sewing, and carpentry, and one could be specifically for combat and raiding. That way each can conserve LP for skills in their own wheelhouse, each can hold the relevant equipment without needing to swap and keep sets around, and the death of one will be much easier to absorb by the others. (The third one probably will never die at all!) More characters is more overhead, and supplying them all with appropriate food and curios can be a chore, so it might be better to specialize but as part of a group rather than doing everything alone. There's pros and cons.
Aerona

Postby TheServant » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:00 am

If you dont want to have multiple chars, just go miner and trade whatever you need. Everyone needs industry and its always high demand..

If you want small setup,

Crafter with dex, carpentry, sewing, farming
Fighter with str agi con int surv mc ua and 100 per exp
Miner/smithy with str lore smithing psy, 100 con and agi is enough for mobs
TheServant

Postby Gensokyo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:41 am

I feel like a miner is really the only character you really want to have as a separate character, everything else is pretty doable on a "main".
Gensokyo

Postby MadNomad » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:01 am

I remember that I had one fighter one farmer/cook/sew/crafter and one miner/smith and then a bunch of cheap alts for niche purposes,
but also I thought about a few alts with good stats for niche purposes

in the end those were only plans and I never ended up doing anything, because there was never enough time
MadNomad

Postby Bitewanders » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:50 am

Ginsoy Menu, a culinary haven for lovers of Chinese and Asian fusion cuisine, presents a menu that reflects a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. From appetizers that tease the palate to an extensive array of main courses featuring delectable stir-fries, noodles, and signature dishes, each offering is a celebration of the finest ingredients and culinary craftsmanship. Whether you're savoring the richness of traditional favorites or exploring innovative creations, Ginsoy's menu promises a journey through the diverse and exquisite tastes of Chinese cuisine. The restaurant's commitment to quality and authenticity shines through, inviting diners to embark on a memorable gastronomic experience that transcends the ordinary.
Bitewanders

Return to How do I?