Let's talk about hunting

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Let's talk about hunting

Postby MadNomad » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:22 pm

In the past animals like mammoth, bear, moose, walrus and so on were not anything unusual and difficult to beat, but regarding mammoths - do they still get blocked by palisades?

what I managed to achieve recently was beating ant with 6 agility and 1 ua, then a fox (and almost a badger too) with like 3 ua

are there any tricks you can recommend? what is your knowledge on those matters?

I suppose for now it's better to fight weak animals such as badgers and boars
MadNomad

Re: Let's talk about hunting

Postby TheServant » Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:35 pm

make palis for mammoths
TheServant

Postby cb111 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:35 pm

I've killed a few last world by circling around them on a snek. You don't get trunk gunked if you stay on shallow water. Kill a walrus on land not boat. Just about everything else can be cheesed fairly early on by abusing weapon range (boar spear) from a boat. You can learn combat moves quickly by bow hunting. If your wanting to go exclusively the melee route bats will teach full circle and sideswipe though it will take some time and you'll have several UA moves first. Then just make a tinker axe until you can make a bronze sword and your set. If you haven't played in a couple worlds more critters have armor now. Good luck
cb111

Postby Reiber » Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:15 am

you can also just place an boulder, bush or stockpile on an large cliff, and hit them with an boarspear,
but the problem stands that you have to cheese mammoths, as even decently developed hunters cant fight them head on. alone or in groups,
but you have to kill mammoths to become an decently developed hunter in the first place,

basically all the anti cheese mechanics of mammoths rule out any way of hunting them exept sophisticated cheese,

or you are like 3 guys with 3k+strength, and q 200 B12
Reiber

Return to How do I?