Help with transferring a claim to another player

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Help with transferring a claim to another player

Postby squeezy102 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:49 pm

I was playing with my buddy, some unfortunate things happened, he ragequit, I'm playing solo now.

Currently, my claim is managed by his character, and the bond of blood and soil is gathering presence on a claim alt.

I cannot interact with the claim at all. I can't extend it, I can't move it, I can't do anything with it. Can't even right click on it.

There's a few renovations I'm working on right now, but unfortunately my claim doesn't extend far enough south to cover what I'm trying to do, and I can't extend it since I don't have access to the claim building.

What I'd like to do is destroy the old claim and build a new one for myself so I can manage it properly.

What's the best/safest way to accomplish this?
squeezy102

Re: Help with transferring a claim to another player

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:53 pm

squeezy102 wrote:I was playing with my buddy, some unfortunate things happened, he ragequit, I'm playing solo now.

Currently, my claim is managed by his character, and the bond of blood and soil is gathering presence on a claim alt.

I cannot interact with the claim at all. I can't extend it, I can't move it, I can't do anything with it. Can't even right click on it.

There's a few renovations I'm working on right now, but unfortunately my claim doesn't extend far enough south to cover what I'm trying to do, and I can't extend it since I don't have access to the claim building.

What I'd like to do is destroy the old claim and build a new one for myself so I can manage it properly.

Have your friend bandy the claim to you, then add it into your study, after the initial period the claim will now be yours. If your friend won't come back or allow you access to the account you'll have to destroy his claim and leave scents, which shouldn't be the biggest issue because it should be inside a protected area anyways, but that varies.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby squeezy102 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:00 pm

HarryDresden wrote:
squeezy102 wrote:I was playing with my buddy, some unfortunate things happened, he ragequit, I'm playing solo now.

Have your friend bandy the claim to you, then add it into your study, after the initial period the claim will now be yours. If your friend won't come back or allow you access to the account you'll have to destroy his claim and leave scents, which shouldn't be the biggest issue because it should be inside a protected area anyways, but that varies.

Aha, this didn't help me directly but it did clue me in on another possibility - my friend did bandy the claim to the claim alt, which I do have access to.
Logged onto claim alt and can now manipulate claim however I wish.
So you helped me, but not in the way you probably intended.
Which is quite fortunate and kind of funny.

Thanks all the same.
squeezy102

Postby HarryDresden » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:06 pm

No problem, keep it on the claim alt and feed it cheap curios to keep it up, and decent ones to expand it. Your claim should never go outside and your alt should stay logged out and never leave scents.

Good luck.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Return to How do I?