Cant get wax (beewax)

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Cant get wax (beewax)

Postby Broccolo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:10 pm

I do really need hard leather, and i've started raiding the wild bee hive with moderate success about 20 days ago! So i immediatly build 3 bee skept and plant a lot more crops around them (too bad most of them are exactly the group that doesnt get influenced by the bee ... oh well..who cares!) After that i've harvested honey multiple times.... but no wax..nothing at all, i didnt get discouraged though and raid many many more wild beehive (but my luck ended there, and most of the time i get from nothing to 1 larvae OR honeycomb. 10 real life days have passed and 2 days ago ONE of my skepts get highlighted (i'm using Ender) and i have harvested 1 wax...
Now we are in winter and still... i dont have wax. Last time i was plaiyng with a friend that took cares of that, i just remembered harvesting wax from our skepts anytime i needed so it seemsd like it was a fairly common thing to get. i've checked the wiki but i didn't get much from it, so im coming here to ask what i am doing wrong or missing here?
i am plaiyng alone now, and so i'm learning more and more about everything by myself...is kinda funny , but some aspect of the game remain obscured to me
Broccolo

Re: Cant get wax (beewax)

Postby Bashnagdul » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:22 pm

right click the hive,harvest wax if there's an orange line under the hive.
Bashnagdul

Postby Broccolo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:39 pm

sorry, i probably misspoke, i meant: my skepts are NOT producing wax, and was asking why and how fix it
Broccolo

Postby gravesmerch » Thu Nov 23, 2023 2:58 pm

when you played with your friend you probably had accumulated wax already, maybe some fast crops like turnip or carrot

early game tends to be slow because we dont have the best crops, the time span, and we consume instantly, so it's probably that
gravesmerch

Postby Broccolo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:10 pm

so wax production is bound to the crops?
Broccolo

Postby Ø » Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:14 pm

Broccolo wrote:so wax production is bound to the crops?

Mostly. I think the wiki has a small note about skeps producing q10 honey and wax that takes FOREVER to produce without crops.

Also, it matters how far apart your skeps are from each other since each will check the crops and then divide the crops, basically, evenly between then skeps in range which will reduce the amount of crops that each skep maintains. So, overlapping skeps will increase the amount of time it takes to create wax and honey.

I don't know how your farm is/was set up with your skeps, but if they are too close to each other and don't have enough crops in their radius it will cause wax production to slow.

I hope this helps. If we were neighbors I would help you make some Mound Beds to keep your farm going. Sorry for you loss.
Ø

Postby Broccolo » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:56 pm

well...considering that my skept are exactly one next to each others with no space in between...yep i think we did find the problem here :D
Broccolo

Postby Ø » Fri Nov 24, 2023 12:03 am

Broccolo wrote:well...considering that my skept are exactly one next to each others with no space in between...yep i think we did find the problem here :D

Possibly so. Glad I could help. =]

PS
I did the same thing!
Ø

Postby azrid » Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:03 am

don't harvest the honey
azrid

Postby Broccolo » Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:08 am

ok, why not?
Broccolo