Is there a trick to water wells?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Is there a trick to water wells?

Postby Rumor » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:33 am

I have placed a few wells and I have found the high water mark by dowsing, but yet. All I get is ql 10.

Is there something special I need to do? It's driving me a bit crazy. :?
Rumor

Re: Is there a trick to water wells?

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Dec 10, 2023 1:34 am

Rumor wrote:I have placed a few wells and I have found the high water mark by dowsing, but yet. All I get is ql 10.

Is there something special I need to do? It's driving me a bit crazy. :?

There's no trick. You just gotta build em until you find a good one.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby jewase3752 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:33 am

Snuggle sucks balls
jewase3752

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:52 am

jewase3752 wrote:Snuggle sucks balls

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby nased28033 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:20 am

nased28033

Postby The_Blode » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:14 pm

good water height means less resources to build the well, quality not affected

t. proud owner of a q19 well that needed like 50 goddamn rope
The_Blode

Postby Ø » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:49 pm

Any idea where water quality comes from when it comes to wells?

Are nodes different underground? Which node does the well pull from if so?

Would you, should you, explore the water in the cave systems below to figure out well water quality?

For example; The river next to my claim has a maximum q32 water source area. In mine level 4 there is an area that is nearby with a q45 water source area.
If the q45 water source is mapped back to the surface and a well built there, with all the resources required to reach the water(yikes) would the well water quality be based on the level 4 water source, the ground level river that is also near by, or something else entirely?

This unknown quality really makes me cringe and not want to build wells.
Ø

Postby vatas » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:24 pm

IIRC the well, rivers, and lakes use the same water quality nodes. Best wells are placed next to hq water spot in a river or lake, then Hearth Magic "Dig Deeper" is used repeatedly to raise the Well's water quality.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Rumor » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:55 pm

vatas wrote:IIRC the well, rivers, and lakes use the same water quality nodes. Best wells are placed next to hq water spot in a river or lake, then Hearth Magic "Dig Deeper" is used repeatedly to raise the Well's water quality.

When using dig deeper, is it a permanent change to the well or just for a period of time? And is the amount upgraded each time, typical...low end/high end etc?
Last edited by Rumor on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rumor

Postby Ø » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:01 pm

Rumor wrote:
vatas wrote:IIRC the well, rivers, and lakes use the same water quality nodes. Best wells are placed next to hq water spot in a river or lake, then Hearth Magic "Dig Deeper" is used repeatedly to raise the Well's water quality.

When using dig deeper, is it a permanent change to the well or just for a period of time?

Permanent.
Ø

Next

Return to How do I?