Recommended pve stats?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Recommended pve stats?

Postby nattokinase » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:27 pm

How much should I add to my stats to defeat boars and maybe other stronger animals without boat cheese?

My stats currently add up to STR 46, AGI 37, CON 38, UAC 31, MC 50 and I use quick barrage + cleave with shields up in combat (I currently use a stone axe but im working towards getting a tinker's axe for combat)
nattokinase

Re: Recommended pve stats?

Postby azrid » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:28 am

Do you want to stand still and not kite too?
azrid

Postby BruThoL » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:29 am

nattokinase wrote:How much should I add to my stats to defeat boars and maybe other stronger animals without boat cheese?

My stats currently add up to STR 46, AGI 37, CON 38, UAC 31, MC 50 and I use quick barrage + cleave with shields up in combat (I currently use a stone axe but im working towards getting a tinker's axe for combat)

Boars you can kite, so you can just hit them, run around lower openings on yourself, and go back for next hit.

Then QB / cleave is fun but quite inefficient in no-cheesing PvE, I'd rather use UC to raise the openings (uppercut, knock its teeth out), and Full circle for damage.
BruThoL

Postby dafels » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:59 am

Would not advise to fight boars toe to toe with those stats and with just a stone axe.. They have a bit of armor and the damage will be so low it will take you forever to kill a boar.

Not sure why you would even want to fight them, the hhp damage is way to annoying even when youre kiting boar you will still take damage and will have to heal up everytime

Would just advise you to get 20marksmanship + hunting bow+kiting for now instead until you have atleast a bronze sword which would give you good damaging hits and bronze armour then you can probably start thinking about fighting them. And if you have a horse it makes it super easy to fight a lot of other animals
dafels

Postby springyb » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:10 am

I think punch > uppercut works better than QB > cleave if you only have a stoneaxe.

There's no real answer for what stats/skill requirements you need to kill certain animals, what weapons and armor you have are important too. Keep raising your stats and always attack from a boat so that even if you aren't cheesing them, you can still get away if you need to.
springyb

Postby yym331 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:19 am

nattokinase wrote:How much should I add to my stats to defeat boars and maybe other stronger animals without boat cheese?

If watching videos is not a bother, please consider viewing my hunting guide.
If you don't have bronze weapons, UA combat is generally more successful in most situations, especially when your STR is at 40. With the skills Opportunity Knocks, Take Aim, Go for the Jugular, and Knock Its Teeth Out, you can take down a bear.
Haven and Hearth Secrets of Hunting and Combat - Archive
https://youtu.be/2HdoAHInheQ
yym331

Postby gravesmerch » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:18 pm

if your have low ping and good client performance, you can go wild with strategies, but watch out if you're above 200ms not all strategies are viable
gravesmerch

Return to How do I?