What makes you quit the game?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: What makes you quit the game?

Postby Sevenless » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:00 pm

Myself and most of my village tend to quit when we run out of "achievements". Soon as things slow down to "quality goes up, but *reaaaaaally* slowly" people drop off.

Usually I'm one of the last to go past couple worlds, mostly because the social component is dead.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby springyb » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:07 pm

MightySheep wrote: What exploits? Name an exploit that people are using to get an advantage over you thats happening right now? Stop being such a pathetic coper and just accept youre not willing to put in the time or effort to be as good as the tryhards.

Top ten things said before w15 was ruined by exploits.
springyb

Postby Ø » Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:35 pm

The tedium of farm upkeep/feeding animals. Credo RNG is a bit of an issue too. Small plots and rolling needing to plant/harvest 80-100 Leeks or other some-what slow growing crops. Admittedly, this does boil down to not knowing wtf I'm doing and an unwillingness to risk the bad RNG for worse. :roll:
Ø

Postby Jaggens » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:09 pm

Barbamaus wrote:That has been my experience in the last few worlds. What about yours? What's that one thing that usually makes you stop playing the game?

Running out of personal projects to pursue.

As a human you have a will to persevere as long as you have a goal, haven provides you with a sandbox and asks to make up a goal for yourself. Kids like to play in a sandbox not because sand is cool, but because they can mold sand to make (very crude) castles and stuff and play with it. Haven is the sandbox, make up your own goal(s), pursue them, hit them, solo some trolls, pave a dick out of gold, form your own kingdom, make up new projects or just stop. You don't have to play entire world from reset to reset if you are not able to come up with reason why you should do it.
Jaggens

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:03 pm

Our PvP client dev quit development and after last update the client broke, so I don't have client to play.

Currently publicly available clients don't have features that allow you to PvP

That's the main reason right now, sadge
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby DonVelD » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:13 pm

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby animary » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:52 am

"W15: I am not sure. I do not feel confident in how the development is going right now."

I can sympathize. This is the first world in years that I quit early; so many griefers the first couple of weeks I couldn't even get a claim started (I spawned on the first day, right next to a thingwall, with two dead hearthlings laying in front of me), four claim posts destroyed, built five kilns and never discovered pottery, finally left. Returned about a month later to a world that seems virtually dead already.

But I enjoy the rpg aspect of the game, so rarely quit once I get started in a world. When the end is announced I make sure my animals have plenty of food then go to sleep to await the next world. I do not progress as well as many others since the whole "eat this food to improve that skill" concept seems weird, instead of performing tasks to improve you just eat all day. But playing my character, building a farm, hunting, fishing, exploring, is my enjoyment; I would prefer a more cooperative themed game where we help each other and form communities rather than hearthing in fear whenever seeing another white arrow on the map, but this is the game we have. There is enough to enjoy here that I try to ignore doing it in a world of serial killers.
animary

Postby Fostik » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:58 am

The longevity of the ingame processes really makes me sick of this game.
A full day to smoke food, a week to make coal, a day to make leather. God, even crafting frying pan is 8 hours now. It is fine for setting processes like palisade, claim, village, etc, but making normal processes like turn-based browser strategy game from 2008 in 2024 is kinda meh.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Halbertz » Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:39 pm

Fostik wrote:The longevity of the ingame processes really makes me sick of this game.
A full day to smoke food, a week to make coal, a day to make leather. God, even crafting frying pan is 8 hours now. It is fine for setting processes like palisade, claim, village, etc, but making normal processes like turn-based browser strategy game from 2008 in 2024 is kinda meh.

I agree! Advanced industry structures that allow to skip that nonsense (or speed it up at least) won't hurt anyone. Like advanced smelter that costs steel and allow you to smelt pan in 10 minutes.
I guess it's not a thing still as Jorb never played after log cabin stage
Halbertz

Postby animary » Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:01 am

Not so much the longevity of some tasks but the fact that they put you on a schedule, having to arrange your real life activities around the needs of a game. Can't start something at a convenient time because you would have to return at 3AM to finish it, five minutes late and the job is ruined, the resources lost, and you must start over. So you need a village with members in different time zones and hope all can remember to coordinate their efforts; but a solo player is simply out of luck.

(Most of my life I was self-employed simply because I didn't want to live on some employer's timetable, lol.)
animary

PreviousNext

Return to How do I?