Is Charisma Useful?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Is Charisma Useful?

Postby Ø » Sun Jan 07, 2024 5:47 am

I see a lot of foods have Charisma and some cheese has insane Charisma. Is Charisma useful? How? I don't understand its use or reason for existing.
Ø

Re: Is Charisma Useful?

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:26 am

https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Attributes#Charisma
Affects your authority gain in conjunction with Intelligence.

Unless you need to maintain a large village claim alone, negilible.
Affects the maximum number of players allowed in your party.

Not sure if this is even a thing anymore.
Affects reward from quests.

From what I remember reading, this used to be really powerful but was heavily nerfed. Not sure if weight of CHA in reward generation was just generally gutted, or there's some kind of "breakpoint", after which raising Charisma gives little to no benefit in terms of questing.
Provides a bonus when feasting at a Bonfire.

This has been re-implemented: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=48195&p=629364

But apparently is a crapshoot if it actually works: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=48295
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Uriel » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:42 pm

Is feasting stil a thing this world?
Uriel

Postby Ø » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:51 pm

Helpful, as always, Vatas.

Does Bonfire help even as a solo player? It's a bit of a tangent, but since it is affected by CHA it is sort of on topic...barely...

Thanks for your help!
Ø

Postby ascote » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:58 pm

If you're a solo player that uses alts for different activities then yes, it helps.
ascote

Postby abt79 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:59 pm

no

feasting bonus of raising your cha to like 50 will not be relevant enough to be worth your time, same with quest "bonus"

unless you're a super tryhard, the only tangible benefit is village auth multiplier i.e. useless to a solohermit
abt79

Postby Ø » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:45 am

abt79 wrote:the only tangible benefit is village auth multiplier i.e. useless to a solohermit

But I'm a solo hermit that doesn't use alts and I also have a village that I'm still expanding. So, Village Authority Multiplier would be useful to me? That being the case what should I try to get for CHA. Is 80 enough or do I need more?
Ø

Postby ascote » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:01 pm

On the other hand, is minmaxing fun as a solohermit?
ascote

Postby gravesmerch » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:34 pm

Ø wrote:
abt79 wrote:the only tangible benefit is village auth multiplier i.e. useless to a solohermit

But I'm a solo hermit that doesn't use alts and I also have a village that I'm still expanding. So, Village Authority Multiplier would be useful to me? That being the case what should I try to get for CHA. Is 80 enough or do I need more?

if your village auth bar is filling up I'd say it's enough

if you plan questing a lot I'd give it a try making a CHA set, it's not OP as used to be, but I think its worthy a set

alts are good for safety, keeping keys, exploring, splitting credos tree, etc... but they require 2 accounts if you want to invite them into your village
gravesmerch

Postby Ø » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:25 pm

ascote wrote:On the other hand, is minmaxing fun as a solohermit?

I don't know how to minmax in this game, but I do enjoy figuring out the mechanics and raising the industry as I can as a solohermit.

@gravesmerch
Thanks for the confirmation/info. I don't think I need any more CHA.
Ø

Next

Return to How do I?