Question about PvP and Housing

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Question about PvP and Housing

Postby OrcusofRome » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:24 am

I was standing in my house with a claim on it , looking in a cupboard in comes a dude with wings and sword in hand . Proclaims like a Jehovah Witness "Do you have time to speak about our lord and savior? The Dwarf Lord?" "I explain I'm still new to this world and no threat to him, He goes in and out of the house then proclaims that I need to stay in the house. 5mins later the house crumbles on my head knocking me out, he then finishes me off for 0 reason other than he can. I don't mind the PvP part as its the nature of the game but I couldn't find his scent or anything why? Is my tracking too low? or a skill I am missing? and how did he tear a house down as one person without any equipment :o
OrcusofRome

Re: Question about PvP and Housing

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:25 am

OrcusofRome wrote:I was standing in my house with a claim on it , looking in a cupboard in comes a dude with wings and sword in hand . Proclaims like a Jehovah Witness "Do you have time to speak about our lord and savior? The Dwarf Lord?" "I explain I'm still new to this world and no threat to him, He goes in and out of the house then proclaims that I need to stay in the house. 5mins later the house crumbles on my head knocking me out, he then finishes me off for 0 reason other than he can. I don't mind the PvP part as its the nature of the game but I couldn't find his scent or anything why? Is my tracking too low? or a skill I am missing? and how did he tear a house down as one person without any equipment :o

Yes your tracking is probably too low/you didn't turn it on you need to raise your perc*explo if you are going to actually track someone (probably not a good idea to actually track them).
He tore the house down because he is a strong boy, and if you couldn't bash houses without siege equipment it would be a pain in the ass for everybody except those few cases when someone gets the house bashed onto his head (it's not a common occurrence).
Read this viewtopic.php?f=42&t=72166&p=894629&hilit=safety#p894629
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby TimTaler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:37 pm

OrcusofRome wrote:I was standing in my house with a claim on it , looking in a cupboard in comes a dude with wings and sword in hand . Proclaims like a Jehovah Witness "Do you have time to speak about our lord and savior? The Dwarf Lord?" "I explain I'm still new to this world and no threat to him, He goes in and out of the house then proclaims that I need to stay in the house. 5mins later the house crumbles on my head knocking me out, he then finishes me off for 0 reason other than he can. I don't mind the PvP part as its the nature of the game but I couldn't find his scent or anything why? Is my tracking too low? or a skill I am missing? and how did he tear a house down as one person without any equipment :o

I think you should have just talked to me about our god, the Great Dwarf.
Heretics will be exterminated...
TimTaler

Postby bettandur » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:08 pm

I believe you need to build a Palisade and lock it good sir.
https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Palisade
bettandur

Postby TimTaler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:52 pm

Oh, you're back...
I hope to join our sect...
TimTaler

Postby TimTaler » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:56 pm

I hope you have sweet dreams...
TimTaler

Postby mrM » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:47 am

Timmy and his wanker gang probably won't leave you alone so I highly recommend you move. Take a rowboat to your nearest vortex and don't look back. You don't have an overly large base setup yet so you wouldn't be losing much. There are more peaceful and less populated places to move to, drop me a dm if you want some suggestions. Don't let one negative experience taint the game too much, something similar happened to everyone at one time or another.

ps you should post your old base coordinates from the world map after you move, low quality criminal types don't typically like being exposed. if they killed you the murder scent will linger a little over a week, maybe someone will be bored and track them.
World 7 : hermit
World 12-14 : hermit
World 15 : hermit
mrM

Postby marythan » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:48 am

I propose moving since Timmy and his wanker gang won't leave you alone. Take a rowboat to the closest vortex and don't look back. Not much would be lost because your basic setup is small. Please msg me for thoughts on quieter, less crowded locations to relocate to. Remember that everyone has had a bad experience, so don't let it ruin the game.
marythan

Return to How do I?