PVP elements: sprucecaps pov or how do i avoid death?

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Re: PVP elements: sprucecaps pov or how do i avoid death?

Postby ascote » Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:42 pm

Just one question, do palisades even offer safety anymore? I had my 28 hour palisade destroyed in 30min the other day. Waiting untill world 16 atm as I'm not wasting weeks to get a new base just to have it demolished like that again.
ascote

Postby Dawidio123 » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:16 am

ascote wrote:Just one question, do palisades even offer safety anymore? I had my 28 hour palisade destroyed in 30min the other day. Waiting untill world 16 atm as I'm not wasting weeks to get a new base just to have it demolished like that again.

Once fully dried AND on claim they can be only bashed through siege.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby telum12 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:04 pm

How to not be a dumb dumb with claims: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=72166

How to combat: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=72160

^ Read the part about running in the PVP section. Stats do not matter if you're not trying to fight back.

The person running away has an inherent advantage. If you know how to run you will generally be able to get distance and hearth out. There are only a handful of players that are spooky if you can run and have water/food on you.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby SnuggleSnail » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:36 pm

telum12 wrote:The person running away has an inherent advantage. If you know how to run you will generally be able to get distance and hearth out. There are only a handful of players that are spooky if you can run and have water/food on you.

he doesn't know
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby DonVelD » Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:33 pm

Logimy2 wrote:
So. I've being enjoying hnh for like ~10 days now.

For this 10 days i've:
• got randomly KO'ed on deep water; RIP main char
• got robbed twice for hides and leather before having any chance to build a palisade
• got my first palisade destroyed before soaking and got myself KO'ed and robbed for everything I've got
• tried to go to the edge of the map jumping 5+ times in whirlpools to avoid any publicity, encountered silent pvp'ers group that wiped me and my new base without saying any words; RIP second time
• tried to find another location, encountered some friendly people that helped me out with ~50QL starter tools
• build my small palisade and shitty house at remote location, far from water, without any other player's bases in ~20 minimaps radius
• got some random dude spotted me near river while I was refiling my barrels with watah and after he KO'ed me and took all my cool tools
• saw my palisade destroyed next day, cupboards are destroyed/stolen, all that was left are two stockpiles of sticks and one stockpile of wooden blocks
• got my char killed after 30 minutes by dude who was camping my hearth fire

Based on this wonderful experience, I have a couple of questions:
1. Is the only way to enjoy this game is to suffer and hope that one day I'll have ~300 stats char to fight back?
2. Is the only way to enjoy this game is joining on world start when there are no pvp-ers with full meta set of armor that are just enjoying themselves while killing random sprucecaps and wiping their bases?
3. Am I just incredibly unlucky?
4. How do I avoid this kind of situations when I can't even soak my palisade before some dude will find me and fill his ego with destroying somebody who can't do anything about it?
5. Will I become the same asshole after i'll develop my char enough?

Thanks for your answers.

1. Yes/no - Getting a group of friends to play with in a village is an easy way to not get fucked as much. You get stuff done faster.
2. No - You can start out whenever, you just have to acknowledge that you will be very behind in everything. It's not that hard to catch up like 60% way there compared to the top 1%
3. Yes/no - It's kinda unlucky how much this has happened but it should also be expected from a game like this.
4. Get better at concealing where you live: i.e. - start out in a cave and build a palisade somewhere outside until it dries
5. Yes it's profitable/fun unless you pretend like you have some fake-ass morality system. It is, after all, only a game and also PLENTY of people I have met in this game are fucking assholes anyway. Better kill them early before it's too late.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby The_Lich_King » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:39 pm

At the start of every world i spend 4-8 hours looking for a good place, maybe longer, and i don't travel by land. First thing you need to do is build dugout ASAP, and just follow the coast line. Jump between continents, don't take whirlpools and oftentimes choose a place which is really worthless that nobody would really want, like a small island far away or someplace far from a swamp and localized resource... etc. Don't try to take competitive land if you aren't playing competitively.

I started VERY late this world and have not really had any pvp issues save for a couple instances, its just about gaging how far you are from the center and if your land is somewhere that might have alot of foot traffic.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Previous

Return to How do I?