Windmill: what the ratio of the material

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Windmill: what the ratio of the material

Postby Broccolo » Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:25 pm

Very simple question, how much is the "primary" stone and how much is the secondary stone out of the 300 total required?
The Great hall have the exact number on the wiki, but the windmill does not.

plus, there is a general rule about it? like for istance: if there are only 2 types as long as 1 another stone (or the 1/3 or 1/2 of the total) the game count it as such ?
Broccolo

Re: Windmill: what the ratio of the material

Postby Fostik » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:17 pm

Here's what you can use variable materials ultimately no matter if there is wiki info on it or not:
1. Variable materials wiki page comprehensively explains mechanics:
Primary/secondary ratio is 6:4
Primary/secondary/tertiary ratio is 5:3:2
2. In order to understand which material comes where, hover onto material icon in building window with material requirements.
Icon itself is split into as much zones, as there are materials type used for this material.
Hovering certain material over this icon zone with item in your mouse will display this material in the blueprint.

For example, here's me hovering laurel board over secondary board material on the table, resulting in showing me how secondary board material will be displayed after construction, which is door of this stonestead. Hovering over first part (separated by black line) will show how laurel board will be displayed as a first variable material respectively.
3. Use community tools, like Kerrigan's(known as an alpha male) hmdt: https://carrygun.gitlab.io/hmdt/
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Broccolo » Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:00 pm

Thank you man that explain a lot.
Broccolo

Postby Necrisha » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:11 pm

This website allows you to see the result for most buildings ahead of time and includes amounts under the recipe slider: https://carrygun.gitlab.io/hmdt/

Obviously it uses the ratios under the wiki already posted. Only building it's missing (as far as I know) is Watermill.
Necrisha

Postby Yelena6 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:08 am

As long as the primary stone is +1 than every other stones type, it will work.

Let's say you need 50 stones. You could use 48 different stones (one of each) and then 2 of the stone that you want the visuals of.

I don't know how this works when the games needs to choose a secondary/tertiary stone. "1,1,1,1,1 ... 2,3" might still work as it is a clear split.

This is useful if you intend to use rarer materials. Keep that in mind as the Designer Tool posted here suggests you to use 50 silk for a windmill when actually you can go as low as 6/50 silk if you use all the other cloth types in the building process.

You could build a glimmermoss stone mansion with just 5 glimmermoss.
Yelena6

Return to How do I?