About trees

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

About trees

Postby Broccolo » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:36 pm

Tree aren't all the same, some produce more logs, other more wood and so on
For instance, as far as i know if you want to maximize you wood income Beech is the best choice
If you need tar, PINE is your tree

but what about Bark?

is there a tree that produce more bark compared to the others?
or there is a tree that regenerate it faster?

MY interest here now, is the bark , but i'm curious to know if there more feats that i dont know about (except the smoking usage)
Broccolo

Re: About trees

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:59 am

Bark regeneration is random/unknown. It at least used to rely on decay system (decay "tick" wouldn't harm the tree but would make it restock.) Season changing to Summer/Autumn very least restocks the fruit.

Most trees have three pieces of bark available, either "generic" "tough" or "birch." Regular Birch is an exception with only two pieces of bark.

Tough Bark can be made into "Bark Cordage" which ties into the water fix thing - even with zero-stat character with access to a well (built after the "fix") you will gain 260 water. Combined with q10 tough bark from wild trees, 270/2 = 135 cordage without a softcap, and worst case with softcap is that the quality halves so you can make 135/2 = 67,75 string (few points added from base softcap.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Broccolo » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:14 am

thank for all the recap man, i just wanted to know about the bark though :mrgreen:
for tanning basically
Broccolo

Postby vatas » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:45 pm

For tanning, only thing that matters is the quality - all three types function the same.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Broccolo » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:10 am

yea, i wanted to find the "cool tree" to farm for his bark, i guess i'll just plant more of the same, im falling really behind with tanning cause it took a lot of bark
Broccolo

Postby meabeab » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:14 pm

Broccolo wrote:i guess i'll just plant more of the same

You might want to try different kinds as they have different grow rate, as mentioned in this changelog.

Also, Exquisite Rot should be mentioned.
meabeab

Return to How do I?