Living on perma-snow mountain peaks

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

Living on perma-snow mountain peaks

Postby Lorefin » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:15 pm

Hi guys, is it possible next world to be living on perma-snow mountain peaks?

I cant visit any mountains in the game right now :/ But I enjoyed the winter atmosphere and someone told me peaks are covered in snow!

So can I live in igloos there on these peaks? Can i build a palisade or my settlement would have to be in a cave?

I like hunting and fishing but is this biome large enough to be skii-hunting because that's the whole point (to be Skiing :D)

I also kinda never done the fisherman credo, because I later like to just put a lot of fish nets usually made from toadtflax ropes.... So obviously I'd have to do some trips down the mountain...

..and propably trade a lot of with people to get some things.

Also, about farming, it'd mostly be throwing some mushrooms in pots right cause these could grow in some caves etc.
Lorefin

Re: Living on perma-snow mountain peaks

Postby Fostik » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Srhf6ghI0-4

Yes, you can, but there is no real intention in doing so.
Back then it were impossible to farm in any way, but now you can farm button mushrooms underground or normal crops in greenhouse, so generally animal husbandry is possible.
Still you can't do tree farming, wax is a problem, hunting will require traveling. At the same time, you won't achieve anything unique from living in this biome to take advantage of.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Return to How do I?