"Thingpeace reigns in this province"

Ask, answer and discuss any and all topics about the hows, whys, wheres and whens of playing Haven & Hearth.

"Thingpeace reigns in this province"

Postby splooto » Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:15 am

Somebody placed a personal claim right next to my small village/personal claim in what seems like an attempt to claim an ancient windthrow. they extended directly next to my village/personal claim as far as they could and I can no longer extend anywhere in that direction, it is an absolutely huge claim that suddenly showed up overnight with no wall, pali, or any buildings. Anytime something spawns in there (again, a huge area) I no longer can grab it... It's beyond obnoxious and I want it gone. Any attempt to build a battering ram in the claim brings the message "Thingpeace reigns in this province." and won't let me do anything. Is this an attempted raid? We're literally just two random hermits out here and a massive village appears to be attempting to overthrow us for no reason, we don't have anything of value to steal. Is there literally anything I can do about this beyond sit and watch?? I obviously can't just challenge a thingpeace with two people.
splooto

Re: "Thingpeace reigns in this province"

Postby vatas » Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:01 am

Foraging does not count as Theft, you can enable "Criminal Acts" to walk over to the claim at the cost of 1 SHP (this damage can KO you if you're already at 1 SHP) and collect all the forage without any additional crimes.

Important to note: "Criminal Acts" is currently "all or nothing" meaning that if you enable it with the intention of just trespassing, have "Theft" -skill, and accidentally take something that DOES count as "theft" - you will, without any further confirmation, become "Red-handed" for a short while, preventing "Travel to Hearth Fire" and then "Outlaw" for three RL days, during which your character can't log out, instead staying in the game world for the duration.

There are some minor alleviations that devs have added over the years:
1) Outlaws can sleep in a bed to gain the TW reduction and healing benefits - but they can be attacked, unlike regular sleepers.
2) The KO window still applies to disconnected characters, taking them home if/when possible after a beatdown.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby JohnBender » Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:48 pm

If you have a village, you can drop banners and claim over a personal claim. Drop banners, palisade around them and declaim that personal claim in a few days when you can. Village claim can declaim personal claims when they reach 90 percent of the age of the personal claim.
JohnBender

Postby splooto » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:04 am

JohnBender wrote:If you have a village, you can drop banners and claim over a personal claim. Drop banners, palisade around them and declaim that personal claim in a few days when you can. Village claim can declaim personal claims when they reach 90 percent of the age of the personal claim.

Would you be willing to explain the maths behind this particularly? I see this everywhere and already have dropped banners over the claim a few days ago, but it does keep citing the 90% thing when I try to declaim it. I don't understand the logistics behind an age of 90%. Regardless of the new village claim age, wont the pclaim always keep aging?? So even if the vclaim is a year old, the pclaim will always keep aging to be older than the new banner vclaim? So how does the vclaim ever reach 90% age?
splooto

Return to How do I?