Values #update

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: Values

Postby Leon232 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:01 am

oh depending on how 'fast travel' works in hafen i was planning on making an area accessible from almost any corner of the world.....but thats even assuming fast travel will be a thing
Leon232

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:05 am

Leon232 wrote:oh depending on how 'fast travel' works in hafen i was planning on making an area accessible from almost any corner of the world.....but thats even assuming fast travel will be a thing

Only by formal roads. No teleporting to village claims or crossroads or anything like that. Maintaining a network of roads that spans across several supergrids will be... difficult. Even a fresh character can just start stomping your roads to dirt. That's on the gentler side of things. Bandits and murderers will also damage your roads in the hope of getting victims to land in their trap.
TeckXKnight

Postby Cranny » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:15 am

TeckXKnight wrote:
Leon232 wrote:oh depending on how 'fast travel' works in hafen i was planning on making an area accessible from almost any corner of the world.....but thats even assuming fast travel will be a thing

Only by formal roads. No teleporting to village claims or crossroads or anything like that. Maintaining a network of roads that spans across several supergrids will be... difficult. Even a fresh character can just start stomping your roads to dirt. That's on the gentler side of things. Bandits and murderers will also damage your roads in the hope of getting victims to land in their trap.

So... you think we will be able to trade with people not near our home?.
I can not imagine not trading (like it ¿was? a huge, enjoyable part in the game) , but I am not imagining how it will be possible for people that dont like fighting.
Please dont answer hiring guards etc, (betrayals in this game are an issue), and mantaining a trading center has allready proven to be almost impossible.

Cranny

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:56 am

Yeah, trade will be fine but it won't be small stuff. I can only imagine larger trades occurring over long distances given the time investment. It also won't be instant, so there will be a time cost, which is extra valuable now, with every trade. Local trade will be quick, cheap, and easy though. Small trades will have to occur locally and large, valuable deals will happen over long distances.
TeckXKnight

Postby Cranny » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 am

TeckXKnight wrote:Yeah, trade will be fine but it won't be small stuff. I can only imagine larger trades occurring over long distances given the time investment. It also won't be instant, so there will be a time cost, which is extra valuable now, with every trade. Local trade will be quick, cheap, and easy though. Small trades will have to occur locally and large, valuable deals will happen over long distances.

Thx. Teck. ;)

Im getting afraid of bots now, and b4 I have never cared for them, because this you say means general Q improvement will slow down.

Cranny

Postby aradar » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 am

i saw something about Hf spawning pay items why not use the HF as a mailbox of sorts ? many games have a postal system why not this one
aradar

Postby TeckXKnight » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:45 am

aradar wrote:i saw something about Hf spawning pay items why not use the HF as a mailbox of sorts ? many games have a postal system why not this one

By design trade should be dangerous, dirty, and often lead to backstabbing. That's not possible with a formal, impersonal system. As Sevenless said, your reputation as a player should mean a lot.
TeckXKnight

Postby aradar » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:47 am

granted, but a way to move small items less than a few would be nice :p rather than trek clear across the world to give someone 1-2 things
aradar

Postby Redempter » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:47 pm

It's nice to see a trade community already coming to life so early, I can't wait to be established enough to start doing some myself.

I'm also happy I managed to get so many dried hide :D
Redempter

Postby screwbag » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:02 am

TeckXKnight wrote:By design trade should be dangerous, dirty, and often lead to backstabbing. That's not possible with a formal, impersonal system. As Sevenless said, your reputation as a player should mean a lot.

I couldn't agree more. Trade ought to be tough, and dangerous. I miss the good ol' wagon treks across the map.
screwbag

PreviousNext

Return to Apples for Oranges