New Brodgar

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: New Brodgar

Postby overtyped » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:46 am

higherark wrote:
MightySheep wrote:I decided to put my theory to the test cuz I'm pretty bored. Made a new char, unlocked all the basic skills, equipped him with some stuff like a normal new char would have, walked into Brodgar and the first guy I meet is called Hamsuke, he lives in the plot with the great hall.

This is how that conversation goes:

Then I walk away and I get these PMs:

I decide to go walk around a bit more until I see another chap who looked friendly enough so I approached him to say hi and this is what happens:

Bear in mind at this point I had done pretty much nothing to indicate that I was a "spy", yet without saying a word he just murders my char :)

Oh it was you? I'm even more glad that I killed you although I was only 99% certain that you were a spy. Now I'm pretty convinced that I made the right choice.

You know we aren't stupid right?

ye, it's a little surprising that he truly thinks he did nothing to tip us off. You did everything to tell us you were a spy.
sheep, the reason your faction is so half baked, is because you underestimate your enemy. Stuff like idoling part of our village is so minor, if you guys didn't try to brag about it, none would care enough to respond, plus doing those kinds of things damages your reputation, which in turn gives us more support. thanks :)
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

Postby MightySheep » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:31 am

lol what is "your faction" ? You don't even know where I live or are you still calling me ainran? I have nothing to do with what's going on in your village.

I love how you guys are now patting yourselves on the back now like "hah! I knew he was a spy!", the whole point of that char was to prove that you guys accuse everyone of being a spy so ofcourse you're going to be able to claim to have "figured it out" but based on what? I asked for some nettles to complete my clothing set? That is the first goal of any noob, in fact a true noob wouldn't even know what leather is.

The fact is I went to Brodgar, spoke just a few basic noob sentences, and then you murdered me with no questions asked. Well, except for the "why dont you stream more Jordan?" question :P
MightySheep

Postby Grable » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:47 am

MightySheep wrote:lol what is "your faction" ? You don't even know where I live or are you still calling me ainran? I have nothing to do with what's going on in your village.

I love how you guys are now patting yourselves on the back now like "hah! I knew he was a spy!", the whole point of that char was to prove that you guys accuse everyone of being a spy so ofcourse you're going to be able to claim to have "figured it out" but based on what? I asked for some nettles to complete my clothing set? That is the first goal of any noob, in fact a true noob wouldn't even know what leather is.

The fact is I went to Brodgar, spoke just a few basic noob sentences, and then you murdered me with no questions asked. Well, except for the "why dont you stream more Jordan?" question :P

I don't know dude but this

and this

is not how a new player would talk

You should really learn how to act as the person you're trying to pretend to be. This was some abysmal spying. No wonder most of your spies get fucked rofl.
Grable

Postby Leksar » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:02 pm

MightySheep wrote:The fact is I went to Brodgar, spoke just a few basic noob sentences, and then you murdered me with no questions asked. Well, except for the "why dont you stream more Jordan?" question :P

The fact is that you are throwing trash on the neighbor's land and then trying to convince everyone, that he lives in the garbage.
Leksar

Postby MightySheep » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:16 pm

Grable wrote:I don't know dude but this

and this

is not how a new player would talk

You should really learn how to act as the person you're trying to pretend to be. This was some abysmal spying. No wonder most of your spies get fucked rofl.

"most of your spies" ... again, who are you grouping me with? The paranoia here is unreal.

There is no set "new player" way of talking, that is such a stupid notion. Basically what you're saying is that if somebody comes up to your walls and doesn't meet your set criteria of how a noob should act then it's perfectly fine to just murder them?

That trigger happy attitude is a very bad combination with the constant paranoia you guys seem to have, I feel bad for any noobs that accidentally walk your way.
MightySheep

Postby Grable » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:48 pm

MightySheep wrote:"most of your spies" ... again, who are you grouping me with? The paranoia here is unreal.

There is no set "new player" way of talking, that is such a stupid notion. Basically what you're saying is that if somebody comes up to your walls and doesn't meet your set criteria of how a noob should act then it's perfectly fine to just murder them?

That trigger happy attitude is a very bad combination with the constant paranoia you guys seem to have, I feel bad for any noobs that accidentally walk your way.

If you're not playing paranoid in this game you're not doing it right (case in point: R'lyeh). Sure noobs can say all kinds of things but there's clues that give more established players away, evident even from what little chat you posted, who knows what else you did to make it even more obvious.
Grable

Postby MightySheep » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:09 pm

Grable wrote:If you're not playing paranoid in this game you're not doing it right (case in point: R'lyeh). Sure noobs can say all kinds of things but there's clues that give more established players away, evident even from what little chat you posted, who knows what else you did to make it even more obvious.

There's a difference between being cautious for safety sake and outright murdering passers by.

The chat I posted was the extent of the chat, nothing left out, and that was with the first person I saw. The second guy who murdered me didn't say 1 word and the only thing I said to him was "nice place".

There is no surefire "give aways" like you seem to pretend, no accidental slips or indicating knowledge of the game, it's just exactly what I would have said if that was my first char.
MightySheep

Postby Tonkyhonk » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:03 pm

MightySheep wrote:There's a difference between being cautious for safety sake and outright murdering passers by.

theres a huge difference between a passer-by and a noob calling himself donald trump...
Tonkyhonk

Postby Grable » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:09 pm

MightySheep wrote:There's a difference between being cautious for safety sake and outright murdering passers by.

The chat I posted was the extent of the chat, nothing left out, and that was with the first person I saw. The second guy who murdered me didn't say 1 word and the only thing I said to him was "nice place".

There is no surefire "give aways" like you seem to pretend, no accidental slips or indicating knowledge of the game, it's just exactly what I would have said if that was my first char.

Look, I'm not going to give you lessons on how to lie. Play a game like mafia or something, where you have to lie to win. I'm just saying that if you said those things to me and claimed that you are a noob it would trigger an alarm in me as well, and I'm much less paranoid than Brodgar are.
Grable

Postby MightySheep » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:33 pm

Tonkyhonk wrote:

theres a huge difference between a passer-by and a noob calling himself donald trump...

My character was called Donald Trump, before I'd even gotten to that point he was asking "who is this?", before anything it is just flat assumption that I am ainran alt spying so it is pointless to blame the words I say afterwards lol

Grable wrote:Look, I'm not going to give you lessons on how to lie. Play a game like mafia or something, where you have to lie to win. I'm just saying that if you said those things to me and claimed that you are a noob it would trigger an alarm in me as well, and I'm much less paranoid than Brodgar are.

You're overthinking it and missing the point, it has nothing to do with "lying skills". I was simply walking past on a new character, I told no lies nor did I "claim to be a noob". Even if they had gotten the impression that I was not a noob but instead an experienced player does that make it ok to kill my char?

Tbh I should have just said nothing, the result would have been exactly the same and I wouldnt have to deal with this silly defence of yours to nitpick the words I used :L

I swear all the most stubborn people in the game must live in Brodgar, they always want to argue senseless things contrary to all evidence, hence why the Brodgar moot thread has 95 pages. :) Most people would have just conceded to the truth by now and say something like "we are being extra cautious at the moment, it is better if you dont show up unannounced".
MightySheep

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarves & Thieves