Closed

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: Dedicated, Friendly Group with Progress Seeks Members

Postby kaizokuroof » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:27 am

Private messaged.
I had a retardedly huge signature and have gotten this embarrassing replacement to show for it.
kaizokuroof

Postby Nicstar543543 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:30 pm

PM'ed you
Nicstar543543

Postby ksaper » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:22 pm

PM sent,

Kind Regards,
Chris
Colorless is the lack of color. It values logic, power, answers to questions, design, apathy, and complication. It does not care about winning or loosing, its goal is simply to survive, upgrade and preserve its existance. Colorless is the jack of all trades, master of none
ksaper

Postby b3nno » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:48 pm

pm'd
"they see me rollin' they hatin'"
-jesus
b3nno

Closed.

Postby Merla » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:52 pm

Closed.
Last edited by Merla on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merla

Postby shubla » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:41 am

Pm'd
Sorry for little delay on this, i got complicated reason for it
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Original » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:57 am

There is more and different information in this post as I have more experience in this game now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Timezone: Central Time Zone UTC -6:00
Your Country: Florida USA
Your Native Language: English
Any other languages that you speak fluently: Fluent enough to understand German and French but not enough to conversate
How well can you understand spoken English on a microphone?: Yes
Your Age: 19
Have you played Haven & Hearth 1 before?: A bit
Have you played Salem before?: A bit
Do you have the rage skill?: no but I can easily get
Will you be a paying subscriber when your free time is up?: Yes
How many hours do you think you will be able to play each week?: I play a couple of hours every day.
Do you have the thievery skill?: no but I can easily get
What is your preferred "role" if you had to pick one? (Miner, hunter, farmer, Silkworm Farmer, Planner, Task Manager, carpenter, traveling trader, carpenter, terraformer, tailor, fisherman, chef, blacksmith, PVP Guard, forager, etc): Hunter
Do you have a microphone?: I can get one
Are you willing to use a voice chat program?(Teamspeak): Yes
How well would you say that you get along with others?: Fantastically. I am teamwork cooperation incarnate
Do you have the murder skill?: there is only rage now
How well can you remember & follow commands, instructions & directions given to you?: Brilliantly
Does it bother you that our group is not a democracy?: Not at all
Do you have trouble trusting others in a group?: nope, as long as they are my group. I'm trusting the organizer of this is careful enough that it intrusive elements won't be a problem
To go along with the previous question, do you have any mental health problems such as bipolar, personality disorders, schizophrenia or anxiety etc?: Nope, I am very stable

Would you prefer a group that has a lot of rules & organization/structure for good reasons, or a group which doesn't have many rules at all?: I play dwarf fortress. The way I do it is set up a stock pile for animal corpses that link to butcher shops that then link to several other stockpiles that link to further appropriate channels. Things end up where they are suppose to be as fast and as efficiently as possible. Organization and structure done properly make things flow smoothly, and when things flow smoothly you are efficient and when you are efficient you progress faster. This is true in real life and of course extends to games. I view groups as entities unto themselves, just like players. When the inner workings of an entity or organisms are efficient like this, its stronger, and when its stronger it survives. A loose group like New Brodgar is going to have chinks in its armour. Its not centralized. Its pretty much just individual hermits in close proximity, A.K.A. a juicy target. I'm not looking for that.

Which game client are you using?(Default, Enders, Amber etc): Amber
Do you already know any of our current or previous members or alliance members, either online or in real life?: Nope
Were you previously/are you still part of any groups in Haven & Hearth 2? If so what are the names of the groups & villages?: Nope
When did you start playing Haven & Hearth 2?: At launch.
Do you have any alternate characters & if so how many?: 1 Alt that I was going to feed for mining.
Have you previously applied to join our group or have you been in our group previously?: Yes, but I got no response.

Why have you applied to join our group over others?: Its what I am looking for. I want a progressive group that focuses on getting stronger as a whole. A want a group with smart organization. I want to be able to drop or process kills and trust that my group members will take care of their ends as much as I uphold my ends. I want organization and structures along with players who actually know what those words mean and how to implement them.

Give us a good reason why you'd keep playing with us rather than get bored of the game & stop playing it or end up leaving our group: I am too invested already. If I get into this group and it turns out to be what I think it is and I have a greater relative safety and strength then I'll have no reason to leave the group.

Tell us why we should accept your application over someone else's?: Because I am one of the most competent and able people you would find in real life, and it extends to games. If I say I am going to do something, it happens. Its that simple. I am not going say something that I know I can't do, or if I'm not sure about. I am an honest person, it's what I was raised to be. I like to help people. I find more joy in assisting than destruction. If someone guided that and someone actually needed me to provide things for them I would be pretty happy.

Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?: You want me in your group. Trust in me and I will prove myself to you.

Have you actually read this entire post from start to finish?: Yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone is near our camp and says they are either an alliance member or friend of a group member (In this instance it's possible that they really are) and they want to come inside the camp or ask to join your party, would you let them in the camp or let them join your party?: I would ask who their friend is. I would then ask that friend about them. I would communicate with the group.

You stumble into one of our own main camps or alliance's camps, would you take or destroy things without asking even if you haven't been given any instructions on what you are allowed to take, touch or do yet?: I would hope that their would be communication before this ever even became an issue but if it wasn't I would at least ask first. Why would I destroy things unless we were remodeling an area.

There's an odd rock nearby, but you don't know what else it could be used for, but you do know it still works as stone, and you really need some for what you are building, would you still use it without asking what else it could be used for first?: I would communicate with the group before hand. If no one is on I would whittle it down as much as I can, then I would probably grab it and port it to my hearthfire. I'm sure you guys got a bunch of boulders stacked up to use for runestones so I'll put it in those rows.

There's a farming seed you haven't discovered yet on the drying rack in our camp, you don't know who put it there or if they still need to discover it, would you still take it without asking so you can discover it and get the LP as well?: Already discovered all seeds, not an issue.

You've witnessed another member purposely destroying and griefing parts of our camp when no one else but you is looking, sometimes they are even stealing things from other members just to make them mad without them knowing, what do you do?: Whoever else is online I would get their attention so we can gang bang his booty.

You are asked to hunt an aggressive animal by some other group members that you aren't really sure if you could handle, as you've never even fought a rabbit yet, would you still try and take on this aggressive animal, without explaining this to the others who've asked you to hunt it & without asking them for help or advice?: I have killed every animal by myself. If someone tells me to kill a bear and I have an hour to spare in order to track it down and kill it, I will. You want competent people right?

You need boards to finish something you are working on, there's only 3 trees left within a six minute walk of our camp, would you cut them down or walk further?: How am I suppose to know this before I even showed up to the camp or communicated with anyone in the group? This is a problem that can be easily solved by communication.

There's a farming seed on the drying frame that you have permission to take, but you know another group member probably hasn't discovered this seed yet, what do you do?: You don't have herbalist tables? If I was a hunter the only reason I would take seeds off a drying rack would be if all other racks were filled, all racks had wet hides and I could only fit new hides by removing the seeds. I have already discovered all the seeds, I don't want to deal with it TBH. I mean I will if someone needs me to but I doubt this situation would ever pop up.

You are accepted as a member of the group & on the way to the camp, you've been mapping the area and you notice some people on the forum are looking for help making a world map, would you share the map you've been making or your location?: Hell to the no! What is the point of walking hours to a camp if not for isolation and stealth?

You are in a PVP situation where you did nothing wrong, but you are under attack by another player or group, would you prefer to fight or run?: Hopefully memorize them and mark them as targets, report back to my group and destroy them with overwhelming numbers. What else is a group for?

Your group knows you are an expert hunter, you've traveled a long way to get to our camp for the first time, you haven't built anything yet, not even a hearthfire, and as soon as you've first made it to the camp before you can do anything else, some group members ask you to come hunt for them, what do you do?: Do what I came here to do, kill some animals. If I die ( which wouldn't happen) I would get kicked out anyways, so the hearthfire is pointless.

You didn't join a voice chat with the group yet, but you really have something urgent to tell me, but you see me(the group leader) standing there, not doing anything, I haven't responded to you in the game for up to a half hour or more, do you assume I'm busy with private messages & the forum or that I'm wasting time?: I hope you aren't that incompetent. I wouldn't leave the game running while attending to other matters, I know the dangers that imposes. If I'm not playing the game, I am not going to be in the game. The Original Post even says this is a group for progressing and that socializing is secondary and coincidence.

All members have been given a certain task, you see everyone doing what they need to do except for 2 other group members, one of them is standing there doing nothing, the other is running in circles or zig zag patterns, this has been going on for a half hour or even longer, neither of them have told anyone they had to step away from the game for a moment, what do you do?: Continue to do what I am supposed to be doing while taking like 5 seconds to tell off these retards. It's not my job to baby sit them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also sent a PM
Original

Re: Dedicated, Friendly Group Seeks Members & Progress

Postby TheMasterWolf » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:48 pm

Your Timezone: CST
Your Country: America
Any other languages that you speak fluently: Sorta German not completely fluent
How well can you understand spoken English on a microphone?: Very
Your Age: 16
Have you played Haven & Hearth 1 before?: Yeah for a long time i was a member of Village of Ancients for the longest time
Have you played Salem before?: no
Do you have the rage skill?: Nope, new character
Will you be a paying subscriber when your free time is up?: I'd be open to do so just depends on how much time i start putting in
How many hours do you think you will be able to play each week?: Probably atleast 7 hours if i get subscriber
Do you have the thievery skill?: nope, new character
What is your preferred "role" if you had to pick one? (Miner, hunter, farmer, Silkworm Farmer, Planner, Task Manager, carpenter, traveling trader, carpenter, terraformer, tailor, fisherman, chef, blacksmith, PVP Guard, forager, etc): Forager/Hunter/Explorer, I did it last map so ill do it again
Do you have a microphone?: yep
Are you willing to use a voice chat program?(Teamspeak): yes
How well would you say that you get along with others?: quite good
Do you have the murder skill?: nope, new character
How well can you remember & follow commands, instructions & directions given to you?: quite well
Does it bother you that our group is not a democracy?: nope
Do you have trouble trusting others in a group?: nope
To go along with the previous question, do you have any mental health problems such as bipolar, personality disorders, schizophrenia or anxiety etc?: nope
Would you prefer a group that has a lot of rules & organization/structure for good reasons, or a group which doesn't have many rules at all?: many rules
Which game client are you using?(Default, Enders, Amber etc): Enders
Do you already know any of our current or previous members or alliance members, either online or in real life?: don't know anyone who is a member, I might know someone
Were you previously/are you still part of any groups in Haven & Hearth 2? If so what are the names of the groups & villages?: I was in VoA in Haven 1
When did you start playing Haven & Hearth 2?: I'll start playing if i'm added, im going to make another accound once i post this just to get a feel for the new changes but probably wont use the account unless i can bash my hf
Do you have any alternate characters & if so how many?: nope
Have you previously applied to join our group or have you been in our group previously?: nope
Why have you applied to join our group over others?: because Haven is a hard game to play alone and you can get much farther in numbers
Give us a good reason why you'd keep playing with us rather than get bored of the game & stop playing it or end up leaving our group: Because I love the game and got no other games to play
Tell us why we should accept your application over someone else's?: Im a seasoned veteran in Haven and I know what im doing. I've been an forager/hunter/explorer for 4 maps
Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?: Not that i can think of right now, if you want to know anything else feel free to pm me or add me on skype: Masterwolf19
Have you actually read this entire post from start to finish?: Yes
Someone is near our camp and says they are either an alliance member or friend of a group member (In this instance it's possible that they really are) and they want to come inside the camp or ask to join your party, would you let them in the camp or let them join your party?: Nope, Im not the trader or leader so its not my buisness to deal with and no one can be trusted
You stumble into one of our own main camps or alliance's camps, would you take or destroy things without asking even if you haven't been given any instructions on what you are allowed to take, touch or do yet?: no thats how you lose alliances and make enemies
There's an odd rock nearby, but you don't know what else it could be used for, but you do know it still works as stone, and you really need some for what you are building, would you still use it without asking what else it could be used for first?: no, someone else got it for something, ill go find my own resources
There's a farming seed you haven't discovered yet on the drying rack in our camp, you don't know who put it there or if they still need to discover it, would you still take it without asking so you can discover it and get the LP as well?: no cause there is a chance i'm stealing someone else's LP
You've witnessed another member purposely destroying and griefing parts of our camp when no one else but you is looking, sometimes they are even stealing things from other members just to make them mad without them knowing, what do you do?: Tell the leader of the village or a high ranking officer
You are asked to hunt an aggressive animal by some other group members that you aren't really sure if you could handle, as you've never even fought a rabbit yet, would you still try and take on this aggressive animal, without explaining this to the others who've asked you to hunt it & without asking them for help or advice?: Well I know how to hunt all animals but no because it could end up having someone die and lose their stats
You need boards to finish something you are working on, there's only 3 trees left within a six minute walk of our camp, would you cut them down or walk further?: depends on if we have more growing or not cause the tree planters could need the seeds
There's a farming seed on the drying frame that you have permission to take, but you know another group member probably hasn't discovered this seed yet, what do you do?: wait for the other member to take and then use it
You are accepted as a member of the group & on the way to the camp, you've been mapping the area and you notice some people on the forum are looking for help making a world map, would you share the map you've been making or your location?: Ill share the maps far from the village but not the maps for close to the base.
You are in a PVP situation where you did nothing wrong, but you are under attack by another player or group, would you prefer to fight or run?: I run like fuck cause I'm not the best pvper and I know that 1v1 is never a good idea, I'm joining a village for a reason and 3v1s and 4v1s are better than 1v1s
Your group knows you are an expert hunter, you've traveled a long way to get to our camp for the first time, you haven't built anything yet, not even a hearthfire, and as soon as you've first made it to the camp before you can do anything else, some group members ask you to come hunt for them, what do you do?: build a hearthfire cause even if you kill something it's easier to just pick it up and tp to hearthfire and in case you see someone and have to run you can hearthfire tp to safety
You didn't join a voice chat with the group yet, but you really have something urgent to tell me, but you see me(the group leader) standing there, not doing anything, I haven't responded to you in the game for up to a half hour or more, do you assume I'm busy with private messages & the forum or that I'm wasting time?: well you shouldn't be standing around cause I'd never leave my account afk
All members have been given a certain task, you see everyone doing what they need to do except for 2 other group members, one of them is standing there doing nothing, the other is running in circles or zig zag patterns, this has been going on for a half hour or even longer, neither of them have told anyone they had to step away from the game for a moment, what do you do? I have no idea what their task was so I go about my buisness.
The Master of All Dictators!! Anger me and you will be sent to the chambers!
TheMasterWolf

Postby spawningmink » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:52 pm

Original wrote:There is more and different information in this post as I have more experience in this game now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Timezone: Central Time Zone UTC -6:00
Your Country: Florida USA
Any other languages that you speak fluently: Fluent enough to understand German and French but not enough to conversate
How well can you understand spoken English on a microphone?: Yes
Your Age: 19
Have you played Haven & Hearth 1 before?: A bit
Have you played Salem before?: A bit
Do you have the rage skill?: no but I can easily get
Will you be a paying subscriber when your free time is up?: Yes
How many hours do you think you will be able to play each week?: I play a couple of hours every day.
Do you have the thievery skill?: no but I can easily get
What is your preferred "role" if you had to pick one? (Miner, hunter, farmer, Silkworm Farmer, Planner, Task Manager, carpenter, traveling trader, carpenter, terraformer, tailor, fisherman, chef, blacksmith, PVP Guard, forager, etc): Hunter
Do you have a microphone?: I can get one
Are you willing to use a voice chat program?(Teamspeak): Yes
How well would you say that you get along with others?: Fantastically. I am teamwork cooperation incarnate
Do you have the murder skill?: there is only rage now
How well can you remember & follow commands, instructions & directions given to you?: Brilliantly
Does it bother you that our group is not a democracy?: Not at all
Do you have trouble trusting others in a group?: nope, as long as they are my group. I'm trusting the organizer of this is careful enough that it intrusive elements won't be a problem
To go along with the previous question, do you have any mental health problems such as bipolar, personality disorders, schizophrenia or anxiety etc?: Nope, I am very stable

Would you prefer a group that has a lot of rules & organization/structure for good reasons, or a group which doesn't have many rules at all?: I play dwarf fortress. The way I do it is set up a stock pile for animal corpses that link to butcher shops that then link to several other stockpiles that link to further appropriate channels. Things end up where they are suppose to be as fast and as efficiently as possible. Organization and structure done properly make things flow smoothly, and when things flow smoothly you are efficient and when you are efficient you progress faster. This is true in real life and of course extends to games. I view groups as entities unto themselves, just like players. When the inner workings of an entity or organisms are efficient like this, its stronger, and when its stronger it survives. A loose group like New Brodgar is going to have chinks in its armour. Its not centralized. Its pretty much just individual hermits in close proximity, A.K.A. a juicy target. I'm not looking for that.

Which game client are you using?(Default, Enders, Amber etc): Amber
Do you already know any of our current or previous members or alliance members, either online or in real life?: Nope
Were you previously/are you still part of any groups in Haven & Hearth 2? If so what are the names of the groups & villages?: Nope
When did you start playing Haven & Hearth 2?: At launch.
Do you have any alternate characters & if so how many?: 1 Alt that I was going to feed for mining.
Have you previously applied to join our group or have you been in our group previously?: Yes, but I got no response.

Why have you applied to join our group over others?: Its what I am looking for. I want a progressive group that focuses on getting stronger as a whole. A want a group with smart organization. I want to be able to drop or process kills and trust that my group members will take care of their ends as much as I uphold my ends. I want organization and structures along with players who actually know what those words mean and how to implement them.

Give us a good reason why you'd keep playing with us rather than get bored of the game & stop playing it or end up leaving our group: I am too invested already. If I get into this group and it turns out to be what I think it is and I have a greater relative safety and strength then I'll have no reason to leave the group.

Tell us why we should accept your application over someone else's?: Because I am one of the most competent and able people you would find in real life, and it extends to games. If I say I am going to do something, it happens. Its that simple. I am not going say something that I know I can't do, or if I'm not sure about. I am an honest person, it's what I was raised to be. I like to help people. I find more joy in assisting than destruction. If someone guided that and someone actually needed me to provide things for them I would be pretty happy.

Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?: You want me in your group. Trust in me and I will prove myself to you.

Have you actually read this entire post from start to finish?: Yes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Someone is near our camp and says they are either an alliance member or friend of a group member (In this instance it's possible that they really are) and they want to come inside the camp or ask to join your party, would you let them in the camp or let them join your party?: I would ask who their friend is. I would then ask that friend about them. I would communicate with the group.

You stumble into one of our own main camps or alliance's camps, would you take or destroy things without asking even if you haven't been given any instructions on what you are allowed to take, touch or do yet?: I would hope that their would be communication before this ever even became an issue but if it wasn't I would at least ask first. Why would I destroy things unless we were remodeling an area.

There's an odd rock nearby, but you don't know what else it could be used for, but you do know it still works as stone, and you really need some for what you are building, would you still use it without asking what else it could be used for first?: I would communicate with the group before hand. If no one is on I would whittle it down as much as I can, then I would probably grab it and port it to my hearthfire. I'm sure you guys got a bunch of boulders stacked up to use for runestones so I'll put it in those rows.

There's a farming seed you haven't discovered yet on the drying rack in our camp, you don't know who put it there or if they still need to discover it, would you still take it without asking so you can discover it and get the LP as well?: Already discovered all seeds, not an issue.

You've witnessed another member purposely destroying and griefing parts of our camp when no one else but you is looking, sometimes they are even stealing things from other members just to make them mad without them knowing, what do you do?: Whoever else is online I would get their attention so we can gang bang his booty.

You are asked to hunt an aggressive animal by some other group members that you aren't really sure if you could handle, as you've never even fought a rabbit yet, would you still try and take on this aggressive animal, without explaining this to the others who've asked you to hunt it & without asking them for help or advice?: I have killed every animal by myself. If someone tells me to kill a bear and I have an hour to spare in order to track it down and kill it, I will. You want competent people right?

You need boards to finish something you are working on, there's only 3 trees left within a six minute walk of our camp, would you cut them down or walk further?: How am I suppose to know this before I even showed up to the camp or communicated with anyone in the group? This is a problem that can be easily solved by communication.

There's a farming seed on the drying frame that you have permission to take, but you know another group member probably hasn't discovered this seed yet, what do you do?: You don't have herbalist tables? If I was a hunter the only reason I would take seeds off a drying rack would be if all other racks were filled, all racks had wet hides and I could only fit new hides by removing the seeds. I have already discovered all the seeds, I don't want to deal with it TBH. I mean I will if someone needs me to but I doubt this situation would ever pop up.

You are accepted as a member of the group & on the way to the camp, you've been mapping the area and you notice some people on the forum are looking for help making a world map, would you share the map you've been making or your location?: Hell to the no! What is the point of walking hours to a camp if not for isolation and stealth?

You are in a PVP situation where you did nothing wrong, but you are under attack by another player or group, would you prefer to fight or run?: Hopefully memorize them and mark them as targets, report back to my group and destroy them with overwhelming numbers. What else is a group for?

Your group knows you are an expert hunter, you've traveled a long way to get to our camp for the first time, you haven't built anything yet, not even a hearthfire, and as soon as you've first made it to the camp before you can do anything else, some group members ask you to come hunt for them, what do you do?: Do what I came here to do, kill some animals. If I die ( which wouldn't happen) I would get kicked out anyways, so the hearthfire is pointless.

You didn't join a voice chat with the group yet, but you really have something urgent to tell me, but you see me(the group leader) standing there, not doing anything, I haven't responded to you in the game for up to a half hour or more, do you assume I'm busy with private messages & the forum or that I'm wasting time?: I hope you aren't that incompetent. I wouldn't leave the game running while attending to other matters, I know the dangers that imposes. If I'm not playing the game, I am not going to be in the game. The Original Post even says this is a group for progressing and that socializing is secondary and coincidence.

All members have been given a certain task, you see everyone doing what they need to do except for 2 other group members, one of them is standing there doing nothing, the other is running in circles or zig zag patterns, this has been going on for a half hour or even longer, neither of them have told anyone they had to step away from the game for a moment, what do you do?: Continue to do what I am supposed to be doing while taking like 5 seconds to tell off these retards. It's not my job to baby sit them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also sent a PM

this nigga..... id pay this nigga to be in my town wtf ayylmfao
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Re: Dedicated, Friendly Group Seeks Members & Progress

Postby Heahsler » Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:24 am

Good Evening, i wound like to start my application by letting you know i am a new player to Haven and Hearth, both new and old. If this is a big problem then there is really no need to continue to read and waste your time, however i will be listing my qualifications at the end. I'm copying and pasting your Questions both for east and quickness... :arrow:
•Your Timezone: CST (one hour less than EST or Eastern Standard Time)
•Your Country: U.S.A.
•Your Native Language: English
•Any other languages that you speak fluently: None
•How well can you understand spoken English on a microphone?: Perfectly
•Your Age: 25
•Have you played Haven & Hearth 1 before?: No; less than 6 hours
•Have you played Salem before?: No; less than 6 hours
•Do you have the rage skill?: No
•Will you be a paying subscriber when your free time is up?: Probably, But it depends on a range of things
•How many hours do you think you will be able to play each week?: 40+
•Do you have the thievery skill?: No
•What is your preferred "role" if you had to pick one? (Miner, hunter, farmer, Silkworm Farmer, Planner, Task Manager, carpenter, traveling trader, carpenter, terraformer, tailor, fisherman, chef, blacksmith, PVP Guard, forager, etc): Miner, Hunter, PVP Guard - in that order
•Do you have a microphone?: Yes
•Are you willing to use a voice chat program?(Teamspeak): Yes
•How well would you say that you get along with others?: Very Well
•Do you have the murder skill?: No
•How well can you remember & follow commands, instructions & directions given to you?: Very Well
•Does it bother you that our group is not a democracy?: No
•Do you have trouble trusting others in a group?: No
•To go along with the previous question, do you have any mental health problems such as bipolar, personality disorders, schizophrenia or anxiety etc?: No
•Would you prefer a group that has a lot of rules & organization/structure for good reasons, or a group which doesn't have many rules at all?: One that has a lot of rule, organization, and structure
•Which game client are you using?(Default, Enders, Amber etc): Amber as main, Enders when I'm traveling
•Do you already know any of our current or previous members or alliance members, either online or in real life?: No
•Were you previously/are you still part of any groups in Haven & Hearth 2? If so what are the names of the groups & villages?: No , N/A
•When did you start playing Haven & Hearth 2?: Three Days Ago- please see Resume at bottom of post
•Do you have any alternate characters & if so how many?: Yes. One
•Have you previously applied to join our group or have you been in our group previously?: No
•Why have you applied to join our group over others?: The promise of progression and the determination in your post, I have no other inclination or knowledge of your Clan
•Give us a good reason why you'd keep playing with us rather than get bored of the game & stop playing it or end up leaving our group: I'm an avid lover of the survival/crafting genre and I find this game to be one of the best as far as my tastes go - please see resume at bottom of post
•Tell us why we should accept your application over someone else's?: I have a new character and am new to this game, there are many things to want to try out, I'm a very honest and determined person if I say I'm going to do something I'm going to do it, I'm firmly believe in following rules and keeping order in a community.
•Is there anything else that you'd like us to know?: Yes, here's a "Resume" of games I've played since 2009. Wurm Online, a lot of the time it's off and on but constantly since 2012. Mortal Online, also off and on since about 2013. Unreal World for about 3 years. Don't Starve for 1 year. The point is I LOVE survival games. Also I have a standard schedule with work and social life so I'm very dependable when available
•Have you actually read this entire post from start to finish?: Yes and the last animation of the little thing jumping into the "robot?" is terrifyingly weird

Scenarios Section

•Someone is near our camp and says they are either an alliance member or friend of a group member (In this instance it's possible that they really are) and they want to come inside the camp or ask to join your party, would you let them in the camp or let them join your party?: I would not, unless someone higher up in rank told me to or I was told about them before hand.

•You stumble into one of our own main camps or alliance's camps, would you take or destroy things without asking even if you haven't been given any instructions on what you are allowed to take, touch or do yet?: No. Not only is that against what I believe is right, even in games, but that is probably one of the worst ways to make a first impression I have ever heard.

•There's an odd rock nearby, but you don't know what else it could be used for, but you do know it still works as stone, and you really need some for what you are building, would you still use it without asking what else it could be used for first?: I would ask around before doing any kind of terraforming

•There's a farming seed you haven't discovered yet on the drying rack in our camp, you don't know who put it there or if they still need to discover it, would you still take it without asking so you can discover it and get the LP as well?: No, if I really needed the LP I would keep my eye on it till the owner comes back and ask politely

•You've witnessed another member purposely destroying and griefing parts of our camp when no one else but you is looking, sometimes they are even stealing things from other members just to make them mad without them knowing, what do you do?: My first action would be to message whoever I thought would need to know, then I would confront them and demand they stop. If threats don't work, and I still hadn't got Rage by then, I would try to appeal to there sense of honor and reason with them about how ridicules they are being

•You are asked to hunt an aggressive animal by some other group members that you aren't really sure if you could handle, as you've never even fought a rabbit yet, would you still try and take on this aggressive animal, without explaining this to the others who've asked you to hunt it & without asking them for help or advice?: Yes, to the very black and white question, but I would let it be known that I had never fought one before and/or I needed equipment

•You need boards to finish something you are working on, there's only 3 trees left within a six minute walk of our camp, would you cut them down or walk further?: Walk further. Then build a cart and crates and fill them with all the wood I could.

•There's a farming seed on the drying frame that you have permission to take, but you know another group member probably hasn't discovered this seed yet, what do you do?: Leave it and inform that person that you saw it and needed to discover it

•You are accepted as a member of the group & on the way to the camp, you've been mapping the area and you notice some people on the forum are looking for help making a world map, would you share the map you've been making or your location?: I would defiantly share the map I had made up until I became a member, but after being accepted I would begin a new map to trade solely with the group Choreographer

•You are in a PVP situation where you did nothing wrong, but you are under attack by another player or group, would you prefer to fight or run?: AH.. "To Flee or Not To Flee, THAT is the question" <CR> ... Since I have done nothing wrong, it's assumed that these guys are after trouble, I think I would flee but mislead my pursuers, in both body and mind, as to my circumstances and status

•Your group knows you are an expert hunter, you've traveled a long way to get to our camp for the first time, you haven't built anything yet, not even a hearthfire, and as soon as you've first made it to the camp before you can do anything else, some group members ask you to come hunt for them, what do you do?: Ask for a moment to prepare and throw up a hearthfire and crate for all my valuables

•You didn't join a voice chat with the group yet, but you really have something urgent to tell me, but you see me(the group leader) standing there, not doing anything, I haven't responded to you in the game for up to a half hour or more, do you assume I'm busy with private messages & the forum or that I'm wasting time?: I would assume you were busy and find another way to tell you my urgent message, I would also take that time to find a mic and read about teamspeak

•All members have been given a certain task, you see everyone doing what they need to do except for 2 other group members, one of them is standing there doing nothing, the other is running in circles or zig zag patterns, this has been going on for a half hour or even longer, neither of them have told anyone they had to step away from the game for a moment, what do you do?: Kindly try and strike up a conversation, then and if one gets going ask why they aren't doing there task. If they are stubborn I would suggest we did something else, but still productive. If there was absolutely zero chance of persuading these buffoons to do something, I'd let a higher
up in rank know... and recommend public Capital punishment

Well, I hope you made it this far and I hope I will be considered. If not, this was still really fun to do and hands down the best applications I've ever out. Have a good one.
Heahsler

Previous

Return to Dwarves & Thieves