Väinölä

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Väinölä

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:25 am

The Village of Väinölä is now recruiting players of any experience and skill level. We are a peaceful nation, seeking trade with our neighbors both near and far, and alliances of mutual defense with villages of similar bent.

We are seeking two kinds of players:

Villagers: Residents will live within the village proper, and share in both its work and its rewards. We have found ourselves blessed with abundant resources, and a need of those who will be willing and able to put in the time of turning those resources into the strength of our growing nation. Residents get their hearth fire inside the main city walls, and a slave key to see their way in and out.

Residents can be of any skill set, though a list of our most needed can be found below:

Foragers/Explorers: Just like it says on the tin friend, we need folks who like to wander, explore, and keep an eye on the goings in the region around our village center.

Hunters: We have a couple decent hunters, but their hours are either sporadic or split between many jobs, limiting their success at all of them.

Miners: There is no shortage of mineral wealth in our kingdom, and strong backs and patient minds are needed to change it from raw ore into the materials needed to help us prosper.

Warriors: Warriors can fall into a couple of categories, and generally run second to the tasks above. Warrior/Explorers are those charged with scouting specific areas of our terrain to keep an eye out for settlers, unwanted development, etc. Warrior/Miners are the fisticuff heavies, charged with handling the less polite method of conflict resolution when trouble comes to call. Warrior/Hunters are most often the archers of the group (some of us like punching our quarry to death). While we need warriors and protectors of the realm, they also have to carry their weight in times of the (hopefully) more typical peace.

Various and Sundry: Carpenters, Seamstresses, Cooks, and general labor, we need it all! If you aren't specifically interested in the tasks above, send me a PM and we'll talk about how you fit in to the grand scheme of things.

Townsfolk: So what are townsfolk I hear you say? Townsfolk are not beholden to perform any specific labors within the city walls, and are granted their own plot in a designated area in what is to become a small community south of the main city. They are responsible for their own plot security, but will be watched over by those of the main city. In the event that you experience trouble (being killed, stolen from, etc) we'll be there to handle it for you. Through political machinations or the edge of a sword, we'll do everything in our power to get you justice, or just help you rebuild.

So what's the catch?: Depending on the size of plot you wish to occupy, there will be a payment sent to the village proper. These can come in many forms, from foragables in the form of food and curiousities, wax from your hives, and flax never-ending (Quality is irrelevant so you don't even have to be a farmer to pay this way!)

Our neighbors are friendly, the area is quiet and largely unoccupied, and the company is good, come join us! Applications accepted via P.M.

Rules of Väinölä
1 - No thefts, not by your main, not by your alts, not on our land, not outside of it.
1a - Allowances are made for those whose job involves leaving scents.
2 - No claiming land outside that designated for you without permission.
2a - Additional Claimed land will come with an additional tithe, usually a portion of the resource you are claiming.
3 - Tithes are to be paid on time, or your plot will be revoked.
3a - Vacations/Life Events are accounted for, simply talk to the villager leader through one of the channels to arrange something.
4 - Report any violation of the above crimes, or any sign of construction/settling/squatting on Väinölä land.
5 - (More a guideline) Be excellent to each other, and help the new or inexperienced.

(TS/Skype/Wiki are available)
Last edited by Lunarius_Haberdash on Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Re: Väinölä

Postby deth2012 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:52 am

I think i might be interested in joining this settlement. I'm willing to be a miner/smith as well has help with general jobs such as manual labor building walls or roads etc.
deth2012

Postby Heahsler » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:08 am

very very interested! p,m. sent
Heahsler

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:08 pm

D'eth and Heahsler have been great additions so far!

We're growing fast with great people, and looking for more everyday! Come join a great community!
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:53 pm

Vainola is growing by leaps and bounds, and is still looking for new members of every skill type to join us.

While we're full up on farmers, we're looking for:

Hunters - Can you ever have too many?
Foragers - Just like the above, no such thing as too many.
Hermits - Strange you say? As mentioned in the OP, we're looking for people who just want neighbors to live with, not necessarily a 'village life' to be a part of.

We don't care if you've been playing since World 1 or started yesterday, we're happy to have you!
Lunarius_Haberdash

Return to Dwarves & Thieves